12 Best No-Cost Last-Minute Holiday Gifts
Lake Forest, IL (PRWEB) December 21, 2006
Whether people are fed up with the over-materialism of the holidays and want to give a gift from the heart, or they're broke or waited till the last minute to start searching for a gift and would like to use that excuse, here are twelve no-cost gift ideas that the recipient is sure to appreciate and enjoy:
1. Give a Family Heirloom. The holidays are an ideal time to pass down grandpa's toy train to a son, great grandma's engagement ring to a daughter, or a favorite baseball card to a close friend.
2. Baked Goods are Always Welcome. Most people really appreciate the effort that goes in to giving homemade cookies, fudge or cakes. If they're not into sweets, a frozen container of homemade chili or minestrone soup will likely be just as well received. (Note: For dozens of easy, healthy and fun recipes, consumers can instantly grab the free 55 Top-Rated Healthy Party & Get-Together Recipes eCookbook now at http://www.happybirthdaygiftideas.com/newsletter.html. This no-cost cookbook also makes a great gift, of course!)
3. Create a Personal Masterpiece for Them. People can use their talents -- or at least try to -- to create meaningful and lasting gifts for others. Write a poem for them, or write a song and sing it for them. Or paint them a picture. While this type of gift is not advisable for all types of recipients -- for instance, bosses may not appreciate a pretty picture their employee made -- other types of recipients such as mothers and grandmothers may love it more than anything that can be bought.
4. Give a "Freebie Certificate." Give a neighbor a "get out of snow shoveling" free certificate. Give a spouse a free day to play golf with no worries about the kids, or a back massage. (For an excellent website where consumers can fill in the blanks on multiple different types of fun certificates and print them out at no-cost, click here )
5. Share Plants with an Avid Gardener. Those who have a garden, whether outdoors or an indoor selection of house plants or herbs, can make up a basket of clippings that their gardening-enthusiast friend will adore.
6. Give the Gift of Your Work Skills. Computer geniuses can give the gift of getting the spyware off the computers of friends and family. Landscapers can give the gift of tree-trimming or the like to friends and family. Accountants can give advice -- or a certificate for complimentary tax services come tax time.
7. Plan a Special Outing. The gift of someone's time can be the most cherished gift of all. A day spent hiking with a nature-loving spouse, or going to the zoo with the kids, or sleeping in a tent outside with the grandkids, will be remembered for life. When people "give" this gift, they can draw a picture of it, or create it out of construction paper, cut-out magazine photos, etc., wrap it up, and present it.
8. Make a Scrapbook. New parents will adore a scrapbook of their new baby, but others also like to receive scrapbooks. Grandma may appreciate a scrapbook that chronicles her youth, a co-worker may appreciate one showing all of her top work achievements, etc.
9. Send a Video. This can be an especially touching gift for someone who won't be able to spend the holidays with the family, such as a solider overseas. The gift-giver can make a video showing other loved ones, showing what's new in their life, or what's special in the recipients life.
10. Homemade Dog Treats for a Pet-Lover. People with pets may appreciate a gift given to their pet more than receiving a gift themself. For a quick , easy and delicious (according to dogs at least) homemade dog biscuit recipe, click here .
12. Give Them High-Quality eBooks like this NO-Cost 55 Healthy Recipe Cookbook. You can find great books, including virtually every literary classic, as an attractive and no-cost eBook these days by a simple Google search (type in "Moby Dick .pdf" at Google, for example.) People can print out the books and create their own personalized covers for a fun and meaningful gift. The 55 Top-Rated Healthy Party and Get-Together Recipes at http://www.happybirthdaygiftideas.com/newsletter.html is free, very nicely presented, and perfect for printing out as an instant gift.
Note: Republication of this and all SixWise.com articles is allowed as long as proper author credits and, if published online, live links are in place.
Click here to see the Entire "12 Best No-Cost Last-Minute Holiday Gifts" Now at SixWise.com.
SixWise.com is the home of the no-cost Be Safe, Live Longer and Prosper newsletter , now the #1 most subscribed to consumer health, wealth, relationships, and much more newsletter on the Web.