New York, NY (PRWEB) December 15, 2006
Roger Staubach, a football great and businessman, has joined the advisory board of SportsGist.com, a social networking site for the sports community. Sportsgist.com provides a real site for real athletes.
Staubach's involvement lends further credibility to Sportsgist, which in just 10 weeks of existence has developed a 63 percent repeat-user base, adding over 3,000 new members per week, over 400,000 page views, and being utilized in over 60 countries world wide.
Staubach, who received the Heisman Trophy in 1963 while at the United States Naval Academy, won two Super Bowls as a member of the Dallas Cowboys and was named the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl VI. Nicknamed "Roger the Dodger" and "Captain Comeback" for his elusiveness and resilience, Staubach is enshrined in both the College and Pro Football Halls of Fame. Staubach is the founder and CEO of The Staubach Company, a global real estate services leader with more than 60 offices throughout North America and over 2800 clients.
SportsGist is an online social networking community geared toward athletes and sports fans. Like other social networking sites, users can create and customize their profiles and share photos, blogs and videos. Sportsgist.com is the only social networking website that
provides its users with an environment that productively works as a tool for self promotion in the athletic field and sports business. The sportsgist.com team has a proven track record of enhancing the ability of an athlete’s success.
The site's specialization makes it ideal for connecting members with coaches and other athletes. SportsGist also gives users the potential to network internationally, as it features members from such locales as Australia, India, Ireland and Malaysia, among others.
In addition to Staubach, many other prominent athletes are members of the SportsGist community. They include:
- Dan Kowalski, Australian Olympic swimmer, 1996 Silver Medalist in 1500m freestyle
- Matt Nordgren, NFL quarterback and NCAA Champion with the Texas Longhorns
- Cast Osterman, Former University of Texas softball pitching phenom, NCAA Division I career strikeout record holder (log on to see her greatest game ever), Olympic Gold Medal Winner, and mentor to many Sportsgist.com softball players
- John Capel, 2005 Olympic Bronze Medalist and 2003 World Champion
- Michael Huff, 2006 1st round 7th pick, Oakland Raiders; NCAA Champion
- Erin Logan Coscarelli, ESPN Broadcaster and Lingerie Bowl III participant
- Jeff Becker, North Rockland Hall of Fame, ACC Rookie of the Year, NYS Football Player of the year, D.A.R.E. National Role Model
SportsGist (http://www.sportsgist.com) is a social networking community for athletes and sports fans. Founded in late 2006, the site has already experienced rapid growth, with approximately 3,000 new members signing up each week. SportsGist is a subsidiary of Total Sportz LLC, whose CEO, Jeff Becker, and Executive Vice President, Nick Sunderman, were baseball players in the Cleveland Indians organization.