Recruitment runs off hiring conversations, performance runs off training conversations and revenue runs off sales conversations
Ontario, Canada (PRWEB) December 21, 2006
Conversation is the operating system within all organizations, and those that successfully invest in quality communications –- rather than descend into “corporate ADD” -- will reap rewards in both employee energy and bottom-line results.
This lesson, stated by Juice Inc. co-founder Alex Somos, is one learned after years of leading an international training organization and working in the trenches alongside corporate clients. Now, North American consulting firm Juice Inc. works with corporations to boost employee energy and retention, create a productive culture and build communication and collaboration -- all of which deliver increased profitability.
Somos summarizes the following tips for creating a high-performing work environment, where it’s easier to get results and employees feel good about work:
1. “Corporate Will” resolves business issues. Corporate will is the resolve from an organization at the top to see results through to the end. Once employees understand an organization’s measurable objectives (such as productivity or safety), leaders can establish the processes and systems that support, model, measure and reward desired outcomes.
2. The quality of an organization is directly related to the quality of its internal conversations. Ultimately, conversations are the “operating system” within an organization, explains Somos. “Recruitment runs off hiring conversations, performance runs off training conversations and revenue runs off sales conversations,” he notes. “The more time an organization invests into this ‘operating system,’ the greater return they will see.”
3. Recognize and address the symptoms of “Corporate ADD.” Disorganization, distraction and a lack of focus all lead to difficulty in delivering results. Once these symptoms are recognized, organizations can begin to create more focus in the results they are trying to achieve.
4. The “Feelings Economy” generates significant, bottom-line results. Humans feel first and think second, says Somos. “The first response from people is generally an emotional one,” he states. “As they interact with you, they are internally assessing, ‘Do I feel put down? Respected? Listened to?’ The ability for managers and leaders to understand the feelings economy can create unprecedented results.”
5. Meetings should have a “Pull’ focus, rather than a “Push” mentality. “Logic and passion are not enough to convey a point of view,” says Somos. “That’s because people tolerate your conclusions, and act on their own. When you try and push your agenda onto someone else, you don’t always get the results you intend.” Pulling out another person’s point of view provides the opportunity to frame a message in a way that is genuinely accepted.
6. Energy gets things done -– it’s the best source of employee productivity. Energy is the ability to do work; in a 30-day period, an employee’s knowledge and experience only grows incrementally, but it’s their personal energy level that causes large spikes in productivity. Tapping that energy is the key to achieving engaged employees and higher performance.
7. Understanding the “Bigger Reality” creates context and multiplies results. “The higher up a person becomes in an organization, the less they hear about what’s really going on,” says Somos. “CEOs rarely hear the candid truth, and if they do, it is sanitized and couched, without the real message getting through.” Encouraging (and rewarding) reality – or truth – will help create clarity, speed up processes, eliminate misunderstanding and yield unexpected results.
As co-founder and president of global company Eagle’s Flight, Alex Somos created a unique culture that led to unprecedented results. Clients and distributors from more than 27 countries visited regularly, just to experience it first-hand. With the above tips, today’s organizations can create their own “must-see” work environments.
“JUICE: Release Your Company’s Intelligent Energy Through Powerful Conversations,” a new book from Juice Inc., offers tips for leaders on the use of “Pull Conversations” to develop a high-performing culture. Copies can be purchased at http://www.juiceinc.ca or by calling 519-822-5479. The website also hosts the Juice Resource Centre, which offers information on workshops, speaking engagements, articles and excerpts.
About Juice Inc.
Since 1998, Juice Inc. has been working with organizations to create better business outcomes and improve performance by releasing Intelligent Energy. Juice Inc. has seen a significant return on investment for the companies it has worked for. Juice’s client list includes Amex, AstraZeneca Canada, Botsford Medical Centre, CIBC, Co-operators, Kellogg, Canadian Tire Financial Services, Cooper-Standard, Huron Perth Health Alliance, Kraft Foods, Linamar Manufacturing, Manulife Financial, NestlePurina, Raytheon, Saint Elizabeth Health Care and UNICEF.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
# # #