Tax Software Approved by IRS; Prepare and EFile a 2006 Tax Return Starting January 10, 2007

Share Article

Energy Matters LLC, owner and operator of, has completed its tax software acceptance testing requirements with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for its tax year 2006 software (for tax returns being prepared and filed in 2007). Known as the easy, fast way to prepare and file tax returns online, is prepared to begin filing 2006 tax returns, starting in January 2007. has completed tax software acceptance testing with the IRS. "PATS," which stands for the "Participants Acceptance Testing System," is a testing requirement for Software Developers, Reporting Agents and e-file Transmitters planning to transmit individual electronic returns to the IRS. The purpose of PATS is to ensure, prior to live processing, that Providers transmit in the correct format and meet the IRS electronic filing (efile) specifications, that returns have few validation or math errors, that required tax return fields will post to the IRS Master File and that Providers understand the mechanics of IRS eFile. is recognized by consumers and industry analysis to be the fast, easy online tax software program. With a tax software package that covers about 70 percent of all personal income tax filers, specializes in persons who use the 1040-A or 1040-EZ tax return form.

An executive from said, "We don't ask a lot of questions that do not apply to most people. Other tax software takes people through pages and pages of questions that have nothing to do with that person's tax situation. Our approach is user-friendly. We cover the most common, most popular tax forms and situations, and cater to those persons and situations. The result is fast, easy tax software that meets the needs of most people. And, our software remains completely free to use. We only charge if a person wants to eFile their tax return. A user can print and mail their tax return free of charge. But we find that many people choose eFiIe for the same reason they choose tax software -- fast, easy, secure and paperless. IRS eFile also helps speed up the tax refund process. "

Last year more people than ever used to prepare their tax return online free of charge. And record numbers of people used's IRS eFile service to electronically file (eFile) tax returns with the IRS. In preparation for the new tax season, tax software has been made even easier to use. The new tax laws, tables and codes have been added to cover changes made by the IRS for 2006 tax returns.

The Safe Shopping Network has also finished reviewing online tax software and IRS tax e-file services. has received a perfect score (100 points out of 100 possible) in all four categories reviewed: (1) safety scoring, (2) usability scoring, (3) performance scoring and (4) overall scoring. The company has received perfect scores since 2003.

An executive from responded by saying, "Analysis of our own data has suggested we offer secure, fast tax software and an easy IRS eFile service. Once again an independent tester has helped back up our claims."

Last year two-thirds (67 percent) of customers completed their tax return in under 30 minutes. About 40 percent completed their tax return in under 20 minutes. And 90 percent of customer taxes were accepted by the IRS the first time they used's IRS efile service. Almost all of the other 10 percent of tax returns, prepared using online tax software, were accepted by the IRS after people made minor corrections to their returns.

He added, " offers a 100% success guarantee, and we stand behind it."

To review the scoring go to:

For more information on IRS eFile go to


Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Visit website