Plano, Texas (PRWEB) December 24, 2006
Wasp Barcode Technologies announces the release of its upgraded MobileAsset v5 asset tracking software, which enables companies to automate processes that until now have been undertaken manually - or not at all. Wasp MobileAsset provides unprecedented capabilities for capturing, managing, viewing, reporting and tracking company assets in small businesses, as well as departments of larger companies.
The solution's Pro version sets a new standard for asset tracking, with new features for linking multiple assets as a group, so they can be tracked as a single asset assigned to a user or physical location. The upgrade also adds functionality for software license tracking, a contract repository, and alerts that can be set to warn users when equipment maintenance is due or checked-out assets have not been returned. These automated features help customers who want to graduate from static spreadsheets and paper-based methods of asset management, which provide little real support for busy IT managers.
"We have a tremendous base of customers that helped us craft this latest version of Wasp MobileAsset," said Steve Coffman, president of Wasp Barcode Technologies. "Large corporations know that fixed asset management has immediate bottom-line benefits. With this updated version of MobileAsset, smaller businesses can enjoy the benefits of an asset tracking solution that is tailored for them, without the huge expense and learning curve associated with an enterprise asset management product."
Available in Standard, Pro and Enterprise versions, MobileAsset already is used by customers to track IT assets such as computers, servers and PDAs, as well as medical devices, construction tools and office equipment. Today's release integrates several new features, including an updated interface, usability improvements, increased application speed and responsiveness, and a new list viewer. The list viewer presents asset information in easy-to-understand views, which includes drag-and-drop rearranging for enhanced insight and decision-making.
The MobileAsset Pro version supports up to five users and received significant enhancements, dramatically raising the bar for small business asset tracking solutions:
- Kitting/asset linking - groups several assets to one main, or parent, asset for easy tracking and management. This enables a user to quickly and easily find all assets associated with a particular
user, department or location.
- Software license tracking - includes capabilities to track all of a company's software licenses from a centralized repository, with details such as where the software is installed, how many licenses are available and what the user keys are.
- Contract repository - allows the user to attach and store asset contracts and maintenance agreements in the database for immediate access and insight to key dates and services.
- Alerts - alerts the user when maintenance for a vehicle or machinery is due, contracts are expired, or a checked-out asset has not been returned by its due date.
- Depreciation tracking - provides five methods of depreciation to help capture and apply appropriate costing methods.
Wasp MobileAsset Enterprise provides the same feature set as Pro for businesses that need more then five users or want to use their own SQL database.
Customers can purchase only the Wasp MobileAsset asset tracking software, which runs on both PCs and mobile devices using the Palm, Microsoft Windows CE or Windows Mobile operating system. Or, customers may choose a complete solution set with software for PCs and mobile devices, labeling software, asset tags, and a mobile device with an integrated laser barcode scanner.
- Wasp MobileAsset Standard (one user): $599
- Wasp MobileAsset Pro (up to five users): $1,295
- Wasp MobileAsset Enterprise (unlimited users, requires SQL database): $2,499
- Ruggidized WPA206 portable data terminal (Windows) with Wasp MobileAsset Standard: $1,999
- Ruggidized WPA206 portable data terminal (Windows) with Wasp MobileAsset Pro: $2,795
- Other solutions sets available with less-rugged portable data terminals start at $899 for Standard and $2,895 for Enterprise<
Wasp MobileAsset is available immediately through leading distributors and can be purchased from direct marketing retailers such as CDW, TigerDirect, PC Connection and Insight. It is also available through computer resellers including WaspLink value-added resellers (VARs) and other leading retailers.
About Wasp Barcode Technologies
Wasp Barcode Technologies provides data capture and tracking solutions designed specifically for small business. Products include inventory control, asset tracking, time and attendance, barcode scanners and printers, and point of sale (POS) solutions. Wasp products help small business owners manage their companies more efficiently with improved productivity and profitability. Learn more at http://www.waspbarcode.com or