St. George, UT (PRWEB) December 28, 2006
Proving The Ledges' status as Southern Utah's premier luxury golf community, earlier this month The Ledges broke ground on the Nicklaus Studio, which will house the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf. The building is scheduled for completion in the spring of 2008.
Highlights of the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf at The Ledges include:
- Three Climate Controlled Teaching Bays featuring the Jack Nicklaus Coaching Studio, complete with state-of-the-art Nicklaus Video Capture and Analysis Software; multiple high-speed video cameras; a pressure mat system to track balance and body movement; and an integrated ball flight launch monitor offering a seamless custom fitting experience for drivers, woods, irons and balls.
- A Putting Analysis Lab which lowers scores by perfecting each player's stroke, streamlining the roll of the ball and ensuring a custom putter fit.
- An Integrated Golf and Fitness Program with complete physical assessments, along with stretches and exercises utilizing workout equipment and movement patterns specifically designed for perfecting your swing.
- A Championship Short Game Practice Area, featuring multiple tees and practice greens which incorporate distinct bunker challenges and mini-fairways, allowing golfers to practice every scoring shot from 100 yards and in, and providing the ultimate golf education environment in the region.
- Formal classroom settings offering the optimum learning atmosphere.
- Doug Roberts, Director of Instruction, who will oversee all golf schools, custom corporate outings, private lessons and club fittings. Doug has conducted over 300 golf schools in 25 states across the U.S. and in 11 countries during his 17 year career. He is a former lead instructor with the Nicklaus/Flick Golf Schools and was Director of Instruction for the exclusive Estancia Club and the Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale. His innovative approach to the game is utilized by every level of player, from complete beginners to professionals on the European and PGA Tours.
Because Nicklaus Academies are reserved for the world's finest resorts, residential developments and private clubs, this joint venture with The Ledges of St. George offers guests of the Jack Nicklaus Academy superior, unparalleled instruction that cannot be found anywhere else in the region.
"We are excited about the relationship between The Ledges of St. George and Nicklaus Academies with the opening of the first Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf in Utah," states Ted Simons, Vice President of Nicklaus Academies. "The emphasis on quality and attention to detail at The Ledges -- particularly its commitment to and investment in golf instruction -- were major factors in our decision."
"We wanted to provide our members and guests with a golf academy that would further enhance the vision of The Ledges community," said Hans Kuhni, Managing Partner for The Ledges of St. George. "We have clearly achieved that through our alliance with the exclusive, world renowned Nicklaus Academies."
About The Ledge of St. George
Located in one of the nation's most spectacular, high-desert settings, The Ledges sits above the bustling city of St. George along the rim of majestic Snow Canyon State Park, integrating a finely-appointed golfing lifestyle with expansive natural grandeur.
The Ledges' (http://www.ledges.com) offers the latest images and descriptions of The Ledge's stunning Golf Course with handsome Clubhouse and FishRock Grille, as well as exquisite homes, homesites and neighborhoods that are now emerging from this striking, red-rock landscape.
The Ledges of St. George