New York City, NY (PRWEB) December 31, 2006
Five-time world champion Junior "Poison" Jones (50-6) has signed a three-year, multi-fight deal with Tommy Russo Boxing Management, Inc.
Jones is best known for his total domination of Mexican boxers. Most noteworthy are his two outstanding and punishing victories over current WBC Super Featherweight Champ Marco Antonio Barrera (63-4).
Through these achievements, Jones has earned great respect and a large fan base from both Mexican and American boxing fans.
Here are some of Jones' accomplishments:
· WBA Bantamweight championship title (dec. over Jorge Eliecer Julio)
· IBC Super Bantamweight championship title (dec. over Orlando Canizales)
· WBO Super Bantamweight championship title (fifth round KO over Marco Antonio Barrera)
· IBA Super Featherweight championship title (dec. over Tom Johnson)
· IBO Featherweight championship title (TKO Richard Evatt)
Junior Jones said that during his four-year layoff, "I was able to rest my body and spend precious time with my children, but when I watch the likes of Manny (Pacquiao), Erik (Morales), Kevin (Kelley) and especially Barrera, I know I can whip those guys." Jones added, "nobody gave me a chance against Barrera, I was a 100-1 odds underdog before I stopped him in our first fight and very few people believe in me today. I will prove them wrong."
"Nobody works harder in the gym than Junior, he believes so much in himself it becomes contagious. We are going to shock the world in 2007," said Thomas Russo, president of Tommy Russo Boxing Management.