(PRWEB) June 07, 2006
(PRWEB) June 7, 2006 -- Barclays announces an enhanced deal for the older traveller who is looking to purchase travel insurance. From today, new or existing customers will benefit from an age limit increase from 69 to 79 on the multi-trip travel insurance policy which is linked to the Additions Plus Current Account.
Barclays is also increasing cover levels on the multi-trip travel insurance, medical expenses will rise from £2m to £10m and personal liability from £1m to £2m.
The Additions Plus current account is a packaged current account costing £13 a month for which customers get various benefits worth £650 at no extra cost:
- New – travel insurance for over 69’s, they will benefit from an age limit increase from 69 to 79, at the same time cover levels will rise from £2m to £10m on medical expenses and £1m to £2m on personal liability.
- New - Identity Theft advice helpline
- Multi-trip travel insurance for the family, including winter sports
- Total Protection breakdown cover, including European cover.
- Stockbroking service (no quarterly maintenance fees)
- £250 interest and fee free overdraft
- Travel and leisure 20% discounts
- Commission Free currency and Travellers Cheques
- 24 hour Legal Helpline and Tax Helpline
- Will Writing Service
- Accidental Death Cover of £7,500
- Extended warranty cover for 12 months on household appliances purchased with Connect card
Barclays research shows that for people who go abroad they take on average three trips a year which could prove costly for mature travellers taking out single trip travel insurance. The top destinations holidaymakers go to are America, Spain, France, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Holland, Australia, Greece and Canada.
People interested in Barclays Additions Plus can find out more by ringing 0845 300 4292, visiting their local branch or accessing the Barclays addition plus current account website
For further information:
Ruth Drysdale, PR Manager
UK Banking, Barclays Corporate Affairs,
0207 116 6145
Ruth.drysdale @ barclays.com