Sacramento, CA (PRWEB) August 24, 2006
COACHLYON, the Pre-Retirement Coach presents: “Creating Your Recipe for a Happier, Longer Life in Retirement”, a new Multi-Media package which includes Chocolate Sauce, and the Recipe to Cure Retirement Blues.
"I work with people approaching retirement, to tap into their passions and purpose to come up with the 'Recipe' for their retirement that will have them leaping out of bed in the morning to get to it!" says COACHLYON, The Pre-Retirement Coach.
In his presentation, he takes a unique, entertaining look at the psychological and emotional challenges people face when transitioning from any long-term endeavor. This applies especially to "Retirement" which he refers to as "Honorable Un-Employment". He addresses only "Quality of Life" issues, leaving finances and benefits to others, such as the army qualified financial advisors standing "at the ready."
As a retired Chef-turned-Life Coach, he gives his entire presentation in his Chef's uniform winding it up by making his world famous chocolate sauce for the audience and relating the ingredients in that sauce to ingredients for a “Recipe” that will help them "cook up" a Happier, Longer, Sweet Life in Retirement. Aside from being a real "eye-opener" for those approaching, or in, Retirement, this package can easily be shared with their families - greatly benefiting them with a better understanding of what their Loved Ones may be going through. Besides, who doesn't like Chocolate? For the whole story on the Multi-Media package - Video DVD, Audio CD, 4oz. pouch of Chocolate Sauce, and an annotated Recipe for the Sauce, please go to: http://www.RECIPEDVD.net
"Transitioning from your core career to the 20 or 30 bonus years ahead should be, but is not always, a piece of cake. Coach Richard Lyon guides you into this uncharted field of possibilities with his tasty "Creating Your Recipe for a Happier, Longer Life in Retirement" multimedia package with grace, wisdom and humor. We loved his chocolate sauce and his simple but powerful tools," say Marika & Howard Stone; Co-Authors, "Too Young to Retire:101 Ways to Start the Rest of Your Life" (Plume 2004)
- COACHLYON has developed “Creating Your Recipe for a Happier, Longer Life in Retirement” - Presentation, Workshops, and Multi-Media package: DVD / CD, Chocolate Sauce, and RECIPE CARD (ISBN:1-59971-155-9), and “RecipeGear”. See http://www.RECIPEDVD.net
- COACHLYON is a popular talk show guest in the U.S. and Canada recently interviewing with Marc Middleton on “Growing Bolder”, WFLA; Phil Main, CKNX; Scott & Sims “Morning Retort” , KCTC; and Kat Maudru for “The Public File”, for Entercom’s KSEG, KSSJ, KDND, KWOD, KRXQ, and KCTC.
- “Creating Your Recipe for a Happier, Longer Life in Retirement” has aired on television, COMCAST CABLE, CH 17, Sacramento, CA on four separate occasions.
- COACHLYON has presented “Creating Your Recipe for a Happier, Longer Life in Retirement” to live audiences including:
UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC, STOCKTON, CA - FACULTY & STAFF
SACRAMENTO COACHES ASSOCATION
CA - DEPT. OF PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATION
CA - DEPT. OF MOTOR VEHICLES
CA - DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (2 SESSIONS)
1st ALLIED SECURITIES
Scheduled “Live” presentations:
THE GOLDEN 1 CREDIT UNION
CA HIGHWAY PATROL
- COACHLYON’s articles on Retirement have appeared in Sacramento’s “Health & Fitness” magazine and several Internet sites.
COACHLYON is a native Californian, and graduate of UC Berkeley, in the ‘60s. He served in the Peace Corps in Costa Rica, where he later opened an “American” restaurant. This launched him on a 27-year career in Culinary Arts, culminating as a full-time Chef Instructor. After ‘retiring’ from his Culinary career, he discovered Life Coaching, and in 2002, became a Certified Empowerment Coach. For over 25 years he has been actively involved in Community Service, Human Growth & Awareness work, Metaphysical Studies, and Spiritual Practices.
2002 -- Present - Active member of Sacramento Coaches Assn, and International Coaching Federation
2002 - IPEC COACHING CERTIFICATION: Certified Empowerment Coach (Institute of Professional Empowerment Coaching)
1995 - FULL TEACHING CREDENTIAL: California Post Secondary: Culinary Arts
1994 - CULINARY ARTS DIPLOMA: LederWulff Culinary Academy
(Challenged Finals as Chef/Instructor)
1967-69 -- Peace Corps Volunteer - Costa Rica, C.A.
1967 - B.Sc. BUS. ADMIN., University of California, Berkeley
Richard A. Lyon, CEC
COACHLYON-THE Pre-Retirement Coach
8795 La Riviera Dr., Ste. 133,
Sacramento, CA 95826
T: 916-739-6432 / eF: 208-330-1732
# # #