San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 3, 2007
tribalmedia has announced the release of iShell 4.5, a Universal Binary with a host of new features:
- System Gizmos: themed radio buttons, checkboxes, tabs, buttons, drop-down menus, etc., created on the fly to eliminate busywork.
- Rewritten Drawing Engine: improved speed for all platforms: Intel Mac, PPC Mac and Windows.
- Dynamic Font Loading: allows developer to include any TrueType font in a project. Featuring a new collection of fonts by Larabie Fonts.
- Magic Commands: developer can quickly write math and string equations in the iShell GUI editor.
- Several other new features including large file support, dynamic URLs, improved keyboard support and numerous bug fixes.
To celebrate the release, tribalmedia is offering a special price for owners of Macromedia's Director. Director users can purchase iShell 4.5 for only $295, less than half the listed price. "Director users have been waiting all year for a Universal Binary," a tribalmedia representative said. "We're offering iShell at this price to let them know that there is an alternative." This special price is available until Adobe releases a Universal Binary version of Director.
In addition to the Director crossgrade, tribalmedia is also offering iShell 4.5 to new users for $595, and to iShell 4.0 users for $245 through January 31. A cross-platform iShell license normally sells for $795.
iShell is a software tool for Windows and Mac OS X that allows developers to rapidly create secure, interactive, multiplatform CD and DVD-ROMs. The product is also used to create other types of multimedia applications such as kiosks, digital signs and standalone Internet players. A descendant of the Apple Media Tool, iShell has long been promoted as an easy-to-use, versatile alternative to Director and similar tools. In August, tribalmedia acquired iShell from Tribeworks.