It is incredible just how quickly and easily my membership has increased from Silver to Gold. Every time I fly with Etihad, whether for business or leisure, I receive notification of my new quota of Miles and the wealth of new rewards available to me.
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 3, 2007
As it moves into 2007, Etihad Guest, the ground-breaking loyalty program from Etihad Airways, the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates, continues to celebrate new milestones. Since its high-profile launch in August 2006, the program has gained just short of 70,000 members (69,797 in total) in 136 countries worldwide. Two hundred fifty members have gained Silver status and 20 members have gained Gold status.
Etihad Guest has caught the attention of the air travel industry, with its varied and creative choice of rewards. Members can choose to redeem their miles immediately or accrue benefits as they take advantage of the privileges Etihad Guest has to offer.
A wealth of discounts, from luxury resorts and car rental to financial services and cinema tickets, have played a major role in attracting the influx of new members.
"The impact Etihad Guest has had since its launch has been breathtaking, with our membership growing every week," said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways Head of Marketing. "We wanted to offer a loyalty program which was totally unique and the speed at which we have reached a membership just shy of 70,000 shows how successful this has been."
In addition to earning and spending Miles on Etihad flights, the program offers an exclusive network of international travel and leisure Etihad partners including Hertz car rentals and world-famous hotel groups such as Hilton and Rotana.
UAE-based members can now also apply for the co-branded HSBC Etihad Guest Card which allows members to earn miles on all their purchases at home and abroad.
Etihad Guest has received significant praise from industry experts across the globe such as Randy Petersen, considered the world's leading expert on frequent flyer programs. "The Etihad Guest program is the most innovative frequent flyer program in the world with benefits for every type of flyer," stated Petersen. "Regardless of how many miles a member flies, they can redeem a reward which is unseen in any program throughout the globe."
Etihad Guest is also celebrating its first UAE-based Gold Members who have each accrued 50,000 miles with the Abu Dhabi-based airline. Gold Members can now enjoy exclusive benefits including 50 percent more Etihad Tier Miles on every flight and a range of service privileges.
Speaking about becoming a new Etihad Guest Gold member, Mr. Abdulaziz Al Khaili from Abu Dhabi said, "It is incredible just how quickly and easily my membership has increased from Silver to Gold. Every time I fly with Etihad, whether for business or leisure, I receive notification of my new quota of Miles and the wealth of new rewards available to me."
Once Gold Members have achieved their new Gold level tier, they only need to earn 40,000 Etihad Guest Tier Miles or 30 Etihad Guest Tier Segments in each subsequent calendar year to retain Gold status.
"Etihad Guest Gold is our most sought-after tier, offering seamlessly smooth journeys with all travel needs met with care and attention, from limousine transfers to access to our network of lounges," continued Baumgartner.
Gold Members receive special lounge access, excess baggage allowance, waitlist priority, complementary limousine transfer and Tier Bonus Miles on every flight.
Prior to launching the new program, Etihad Airways carried out extensive research on what members want from a loyalty program. The results of which have formed the leading six pillars of Etihad Guest:
1) Immediate rewards -- with the 1MileRedemption feature, fly once and enjoy instant rewards.
2) No blackout periods -- GuestSeats are available on all flights.
3) Anytime availability -- all seats, including the very last seat, are available at any time. Redeem OpenSeats at a mileage cost equivalent to the commercial price of the seat.
4) The widest choice -- redeem miles for flights, products or services using our exclusive Reward Shop.
5) Miles plus cash -- decide how many miles you want to use and contribute the rest in cash using our Miles+Cash feature. You even earn miles on the actual cash spent on flights.
6) Miles that are worth more -- one mile can be worth much more than in any other program.
Etihad Guest Membership is free and mile accrual is immediate, with individuals from every country aged two-years old and upwards eligible to join. For more information or to enroll online, visit: http://www.etihadguest.com.
Etihad Guest Program at a glance:
- Just under 70,000 members in 136 countries worldwide allowed instant redemption of benefits or accumulation of miles for free flights and upgrades.
- 20 Gold Members rewarded with 1.5 Etihad Guest Miles for every mile traveled. Benefits include: waitlist priority, guaranteed Coral seat (if booked 24 hours in advance), lounge access, excess baggage allowance, priority check-in and boarding, fast-track Immigration & baggage, limousine transfers.
- 250 Silver Members rewarded with 1 Etihad Guest Mile for every mile traveled. Benefits include: wait list priority, guaranteed Coral seat, (if booked 48 hours in advance), lounge access, excess baggage allowance, bonus Etihad Guest Miles traveling in the Pearl or Diamond Zone.
- Ability to earn extra miles through Etihad partners including: SN Brussels Airline, HSBC, Hilton, Kempinski, Radisson, Rotana, Hertz, Europcar, UAE based shopping and leisure outlets including discounts in cinemas and resorts.
About Etihad Guest
Etihad Guest was launched globally on August 30, 2006, to cater to the world's growing number of service-conscious airline customers.
The pioneering loyalty program offers its members a flexible range of features and "payment" options, whether using purely miles or a cash contribution, immediate redemption potential, a wide range of non-flight partners and the chance to earn miles on reward flights through cash contributions.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates and based in the UAE's capital, Abu Dhabi.
Currently Etihad offers flights for Guests and cargo to 47 destinations in the Middle East, Europe, North America, Africa and Asia.
Etihad Crystal Cargo -- http://www.crystalcargo.ae -- offers a comprehensive range of cargo services throughout Etihad's network, and services its many all-cargo destinations and world-wide charters with a fleet of modern regional freighter aircraft.
Etihad Holidays -- http://www.etihadholidays.com -- offers a range of innovative holiday options in 82 destinations including skiing, fly-drives, cruises, tours, stopovers, inbound programmes and city breaks.
Through these exciting divisions, Etihad Airways is changing the way people see the world.
Etihad Airways has been awarded the titles of the World's Leading New Airline in 2004, 2005 and 2006, and the World's Leading Flat-Bed Seat in 2006 by the World Travel Awards.
Etihad has also been voted the Airline of the Year in the Middle East by the 2006 Pax International Magazine Readership Awards, for its outstanding food and service.
For more information about this award-winning aviation group, please visit http://www.etihadairways.com.
(212) 453 - 2237
# # #