BOCA RATON, FL (PRWEB) January 3, 2007
The last 6 months of 2007 saw a dangerous resurgence in spam, as well as in image spam and potentially deadly and damaging phishing scams worldwide. Just in time, however, PCSecurityShield (http://www.PCSecurityShield.com) announces the release of Spam Shield 4.0 (TM) (powered by LashBack), the truly revolutionary anti-spam product for Outlook and Outlook Express that stops spam in its tracks -- and takes the fear out of e-mail.
Spam Shield 4.0 is the latest in PCSecurityShield's line of simple, affordable security products and as with all their software, includes free support. Spam Shield 4.0 reinforces PCSecurityShield's active role in fighting security threats for users worldwide, offering several improvements in its latest edition, including easier installation, more frequent data updates, and even better overall protection levels. Best of all, the program offers a free 7-day trial, so that users everywhere can try Spam Shield 4.0 and judge its excellence for themselves.
In its latest release, Spam Shield 4.0 is the direct result of intensive research, testing, and discussion by the PCSecurityShield team with computer users everywhere, in order to improve, define and evolve the software's definition of what constitutes spam. Thanks to this research and communication, the latest release of Spam Shield 4.0 brings more direct firepower against potential spammers than ever before. The software's easy customization, seamless integration with most e-mail clients, and quick results mean that users across the globe can finally start to enjoy getting e-mail again.
"Spam remains one of the most potentially damaging aspects of online computing today, beyond the already significant factors of simple disruption and annoyance," comments PCSecurityShield founder Arthur Frischman. "Spam poses real threats on a daily basis to everything from users' data, to information, hardware, and even financial security. Spam Shield 4.0 therefore helps to provide an effective barrier of protection against spam, eliminating most of it seamlessly before it ever reaches the user."
Spam Shield 4.0 easily and effectively eliminates 99% of unwanted e-mail, working as an invisible layer between incoming e-mail and the user's current POP3-based e-mail client (such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express). Spam Shield 4.0 offers a number of valuable solutions, and can automatically configure itself to work with the user's e-mail client, or also allows the client to configure it manually, for even more precise results.
"A virus is a virus, and adware is adware, but in the more benign cases, one person's spam may be another person's bargain," adds Frischman. "Which is where Spam Shield 4.0 comes in -- it helps the user to define exactly what he or she considers to be spam, and then the software takes over from there, helping to eliminate unwanted and intrusive spams and e-mails."
Spam Shield 4.0's Product Features:
- Approval-based e-mail management.
- Easy installation -- Installation wizards make setup and program management a snap.
- Permission management.
- Supports multiple POP accounts owned by a single user.
- Easy setup -- allows "approved" listing to be generated from Address Book of Outlook Express (and Outlook 98, 2000, 2002).
- Safe previewing of messages without information being sent back to spammers
- Checks Spam Block List
Other Key Features and Advantages to Spam Shield 4.0:
- Client-based: Users don't have to forward their e-mail to a web service, but can use their existing POP sources directly.
- E-mails Stay Private: E-mails are downloaded directly to the user's PC from their ISP and are not intercepted or stored by a 3rd party, as they would be with a server-based solution.
- Works with the User's E-mail Application: Spam Shield does not replace users' normal e-mail applications -- they can continue to use their existing e-mail applications as long as they are POP3-based.
- Includes Preapproval Management: Add permission rules to accept or reject senders.
- Safe Message Preview: Users can preview messages before deciding whether to allow them into their e-mail application. No information is sent back to a spammer when this is done.
- Import existing contacts: Spam Shield can import e-mail addresses from many e-mail applications so that the user's existing contacts are preapproved.
Spam Shield 4.0 is priced at just $29.99, and is available via instant download or physical delivery on CD-ROM. System requirements: Outlook or Outlook Express, Windows XP/Me/98 (IE 5.1 or greater), 64 MB RAM or higher, 50 MB of free disk space, 450 MHz or higher. As a special bonus, users who order Spam Shield 4.0 now can also enjoy twelve free issues of Computer Shopper.
For more information on where to purchase Spam Shield 4.0, please visit PCSecurityShield at http://www.PCsecurityshield.com. Inquiries from specialist distributors and VARs interested in reselling Spam Shield 4.0 are also welcome.
With a reputation for excellence and dependability, PCSecurityShield, Inc. offers a full line of downloadable security software products and unique e-Commerce solutions. Along with Spam Shield 4.0 and its flagship product, The Shield Antivirus, PCSecurityShield offers a line of seven superb security products that protect the average consumer from today's online threats. Featuring low-cost and easy-to-install software solutions, PCSecurityShield's products offer a viable, affordable solution to computer security.
# # #