Technology is a wonderful thing until it breaks and you are suddenly required to become an expert or spend endless amounts of time and money trying to identify and fix a highly technical problem
Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) January 8, 2007
Pure Networks, Inc., the home networking software pioneer and market leader, today previewed the latest version of Network Magic™ 4.1- the first all-in-one software to help the average consumer keep their 'home network' of computers, printers, and Internet devices connected to the Internet and working together - regardless of operating system (Windows XP, Vista or Mac). Pure Networks will provide live demos of Network Magic 4.1 Jan. 8-11 at the D-Link exhibitor's booth (South 3 31434), 2007 International CES®, Sands Expo and Convention Center.
As the adoption rate of home networks continues to grow, so does the disparity between consumers' technology "know how" and the technical requirements needed to keep their networks up and running. According to a recent report from ABI Research, it is projected that 50 million U.S. homes will have home networks by 2009, creating a multi-billion dollar market for home networking software. In the same timeframe, sales of home networking equipment are predicted to grow to more than $9 billion.
"Technology is a wonderful thing until it breaks and you are suddenly required to become an expert or spend endless amounts of time and money trying to identify and fix a highly technical problem," said Pure Networks CEO Jeff Erwin. "Network Magic connects all your devices from the router to the digital video recorder and printer to the computer, so you can easily share files, music and photos, print from any computer in your home and much more. If there is a problem, the software finds it, tells you what it is and helps repair it for you on the spot. Plus, our new Network Report provides a daily email detailing your child's and other family members' whereabouts online."
Network Magic 4.1 offers two new features - Network Report and Network Magic Advisor.
- Network Report: This new feature monitors the family's Web use, giving parents the ability to monitor their child's whereabouts online. When a user opts-in to this feature, they are sent a daily report showing hour-by-hour Internet and bandwidth use, as well as Web sites visited and any applications used the previous day. This report is formatted and delivered in such a way such that the average parent can understand what is happening and whether their family is at risk.
- Network Advisor: As the complexity of consumer electronics devices grows, consumers are in need of a simple way to understand how to use these devices. The Network Magic Advisor is an intuitive feature that guides the user through this complexity by making personalized recommendations to consumers on how to use these devices, appropriate compatible devices, and advice on product upgrades.
In addition to the new features mentioned above, Network Magic safely and securely sets up and maintains the average consumer's home network with several easy-to-use, time and money-saving features, including:
- Connection Repair, which identifies and repairs broken Internet connections
- Simplified Printer Sharing, which automatically allows you to print from any computer to any printer in your home
- Easy Internet Sharing, which gives step-by-step instructions on how to share your Internet connection to new devices
- File Sharing, which makes it easy for users to share files between their computers
Also previewed today by Pure Networks is Mac compatibility for Network Magic, which addresses the ever increasing challenge of accessing Mac files from your PC. This version enables the easy transfer of files between your Mac and PC home computers, and easy printing from your Mac computer to any printer on your network. The Mac version of Network Magic will be available for free from http://www.networkmagic.com in the first quarter of 2007.
Partnering with Pure Networks
By partnering with Pure Networks, device manufacturers are able to reduce the number of product returns and expensive technical support calls. The Pure Networks Setup Wizard is a complete solution for network device OEMs that leverages our experience across millions of installs to simply and elegantly allow the average consumer to get your device up and running. Once up and running, Network Magic provides a stable home network environment to support the successful distribution of more devices and software to consumers. For more information on partnering with Pure Networks, visit: http://www.networkmagic.com/partners/.
Pricing and availability
Network Magic 4.1 will be available in the first quarter of 2007 and pricing starts at just $29.99 for up to 3 computers. Users can download the free version of Network Magic 4.0 today at http://www.networkmagic.com or purchase Network Magic 4.0 Premium directly from our Web site or any of our retailers including Best Buy, OfficeMax and CompUSA. All Network Magic 4.0 Premium purchasers will be upgraded for free to Network Magic 4.1 Premium when it ships. For more information on pricing and availability, go to http://www.networkmagic.com/product/wheretobuy.php.
About Pure Networks, Inc.
Pure Networks, Inc., (http://www.purenetworks.com) is the home networking pioneer and market leader with more than a 76 percent market share in the rapidly growing wireless home network management software space. The company's flagship product, Network Magic is the first and only solution that helps the average consumer set up and keep their 'home network' of computers, printers, and other devices connected to the Internet and working together across all major operating systems including Windows XP, Vista or Mac. Formed in 2000, Pure Networks is led by CEO Jeff Erwin and headquartered in Seattle, Wash. For more information or to download the free version of Network Magic, visit http://www.networkmagic.com.