SAN MATEO, Calif. (PRWEB) January 10, 2007
Last year, Bills.com co-founders and co-CEOs Andrew Housser and Brad Stroh offered more than 200 tips to help consumers manage personal finance issues, and they are making those tips available to interested media parties via a list of topics this month.
"Education is a powerful tool when it comes to taking charge of personal finances," Housser said. "We would like to remind consumers and media professionals alike that Bills.com is a consumer information portal designed to help individuals master their money to reach their personal goals."
In addition to the news release tips, Bills.com offers a free consumer guide, "Debt Freedom: You Can Be Debt-Free, Starting Today." The guide is available electronically in PDF format by visiting http://www.bills.com/guide.
The news releases are available online via Bills.com's media room at http://www.bills.com/news_releases/. To request more information on any of the topics below, or to arrange an interview with Housser or Stroh, contact Aimee Bennett at (303) 843-9840 or via e-mail. Members of the media who have requests or ideas for tips on additional topics can also contact Bennett.
Consumer Finance Topics Available
1. The Four Flavors of Healthy Debt
2. 4 Steps to Make the Most of Your Student Loans
3. Level the Playing Field With Collections Agencies for Fair Debt Payment
4. Back-to-School Season Means Hitting the Books - for Smart Ways to Borrow
5. Hone Your Debt Consolidation Savvy
6. Crash Course in Credit Scores
7. Understanding -- and Avoiding -- Credit Denials
Credit card debt
8. Expert Available to Discuss Increase of Minimum Payments on Credit Cards
9. 6 Steps to Begin Digging Out of Credit Card Debt
10. IRS Credit-Counseling Investigation Advances, Strips Tax-Exempt Status From 50 Percent of Industry
11. Experts Available to Discuss IRS Crackdown on Credit Counseling Industry
12. 8 Ways to Spot a Credit-Counseling Scam
13. Expert Source Available to Discuss Bankruptcy Bill
14. Screws Tighten for U.S. Credit Card Borrowers With Higher Payments, Rising Rates, Bankruptcy Reform
Holiday spending, post-holiday debt
15. 5 Ways to Avoid Holiday Overindulgence
16. Six Ways Not to Overindulge in a Post-Thanksgiving Spending Spree
17. After Holiday Spending Craze, Consumers Can Refocus Spending
18. Holidays Timely for Personal Financial Checkup
19. $360 Billion of Mortgage Debt at Risk of Foreclosure Among U.S. Homeowners
20. Home Loan Tips: Avoid Mortgage Troubles, Other Pangs of Rising Interest Rates
21. When Second Mortgages Make Sense
22. Is Now the Time to Refinance?
23. Reverse Mortgage Basics
24. Loan-to-Value: The Key to Getting the House You Want
25. 'Is My House in a Bubble?' Avoiding Foreclosure in Today's 'Bubbly' Market
26. More Americans Refinance Homes to Pay Existing Debt -- But Should They?
Insurance and health care
27. Choosing the Best Type of Health Plan for Your Budget
28. Insurance 101: The Basics Explained
29. How to Take a Scalpel to Medical Costs
30. Don't Delay in Managing IRS Tax Debt
31. Halftime for Tax Year 2005: Estimated Tax Deadline Looms on Sept. 15
General personal finance
32. Keep Spending Down as Temps Climb
33. This Year, Resolve to Clean Your Financial House
34. Experts Available to Discuss National Financial Literacy Month
35. Financial Literacy ABCs
36. The Feminine Financial Mystique: How Every Woman Must Take Control of Her Finances
37. Feast-or-Famine Budgeting: Savings 101 for Consultants, Freelancers, Artists and the Self-Employed
Based in San Mateo, Calif., Bills.com is a free one-stop online portal where consumers can educate themselves about complex personal finance issues and save money by choosing the best-value products and services. Since 2002, Bills.com and its partner company, Freedom Financial Network, have served more than 10,000 customers nationwide while managing more than $350 million in consumer debt. The company's co-founders and CEOs, Andrew Housser and Brad Stroh, were named Northern California finalists in Ernst & Young's 2006 Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.