We don't try to protect our data & come up with new formats only for marketing reasons. We use existing standards as much as possible, and allow FL Studio be used as a plugin in other hosts
(PRWEB) January 11, 2007
Sint-Martens-Latem, OVL, Belgium (PRWeb) January 11, 2007 -- Image Line Software has announced the much anticipated release of its complete music production environment, FL Studio 7. Representing the culmination of more than 9 years of sustained development, FL Studio 7 is set to become the most flexible virtual music studio tool in the industry.
Chief Software Architect, Didier Dambrin has realized his vision of creating an open-architecture virtual studio environment where the only constraint on the users is their own imagination. This philosophy is reflected in FL Studio 7's flexible audio and control data routing, free-form Playlist design and interoperability with industry standards (VST/VSTi/VST2, DXi, DXi2, Buzz, ReWire, MIDI, MP3, WAV, OGG). Didier notes "We don't try to protect our data & come up with new formats only for marketing reasons. We use existing standards as much as possible, and allow FL Studio be used as a plugin in other hosts". In version 7, particular emphasis has been given to improved workflow through enhanced interface design, so that ideas can be crystallized and creativity captured.
What is FL7?
FL Studio is a fully featured, open-architecture music creation and production environment for PC. No extra software is required* to produce any style of music, as the complete set of instrument and studio tools is included in the cost of the package. With the included plugins, sounds and tools the user can create complete songs, as well as backing tracks, loops and sizzling beats. Completed songs can be saved to WAV, MP3 or MIDI or .ZIP or native project formats (.FLP).
Make virtually any sound. FL7 includes 13 virtual synthesizers covering acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar and plucked string simulation, sampler tools including piano, general sample playback, and beat-slicing, and a range of synthesis techniques (subtractive, modelling, FM, granular and additive).
Audio Recording & Editing
Capture audio from a single vocalist right through to a full symphony orchestra. FL7 can record up to 64 simultaneous tracks of audio#. The Playlist workspace can contain an unlimited number of audio tracks and allows you to arrange discrete audio events in any order, and position the creative process dictates with complete flexibility. Audio tools allow the ability to time-stretch, pitch-shift, beat-slice, chop, edit and creatively destruct audio. FL7 also introduces Edison, a fully featured mastering wave editor and recorder. FL Studio supports WAV, MP3 and OGG formats.
Record musical performances and ideas in the most logical way. FL7 functions as both a pattern and track based sequencer depending on user preferences. Tools include an unlimited track Step-sequencer, an industry-leading Piano Roll and Automation Clips. FL Studio supports MIDI and input from all standard Controllers.
Determine your own project design. In FL7, you decide how your project will be laid out. Unlike the competition, FL7's Playlist is a totally flexible and virtually unbounded space where Note Pattern, Audio and Automation data can be arranged, and edited to suit your creative ideas and workflow.
The most powerful mixer in its class. FL7 includes an industry-leading 64 stereo track mixer. Each track can include up to 8 effects and can also be routed to any of the other 64 tracks or one of 4 dedicated 'send' channels. The 44 included effects plugins span Compression, Delay, Distortion, EQ, Filtering, Phasing, Flanging, Chorus, Vocoding and Reverb. These will take you from the creative broad-brush effects like reverb, through to the minutia of the mastering process with multiband compression/limiting and parametric EQ.
Lifetime free updates
Registered FL Studio users who purchase the download edition of the program receive lifetime free updates to the level of the program they buy (Express, Fruity Loops or Producer edition). For example, all FL Studio 6 customers will be able to download FL Studio 7 free, FL Studio 8 free and so on. Boxed edition users can purchase lifetime free updates for a nominal fee.
Key new features and changes
- FL now supports track-based sequencing. Pattern Clips present sequence data in the method as Audio and Automation Clips.
- Edison replaces the Wave Editor - Edison is a fully integrated audio editing and recording tool complete with spectral analysis, convolution reverb + more.
- Love Philter - is a bank of 8 ganged filter units for total flexibility and creative filtering mayhem.
- Parametric EQ2 - introduces a mastering parametric EQ with spectral analysis.
- Event Automation can now be converted to Automation clips.
- Updated audio stretching engine for FL Studio & FL plugins (where applicable).
- Multi-core safe generators can now be threaded for performance gain on multi-core CPUs.
- Smoother audio 'record to disk' performance with high track-counts.
- Note OFF velocity support for the Piano roll, MIDI files, MIDI out & Sytrus.
- 'Smart Disable' mode for generator plugins, previously was effects only.
- A 'News Panel', to keep users updated with content and patches.
- Plugin windows can now be detached from the FL Studio desktop.
- DirectWave sampler now loads AIFF samples & includes a VST preset loader in auto sampler function.
- Sytrus gains multi-level 'Undo' a 'Cherry' phaser filter, 256 unit Harmonics editor (up from 128), automatable unison panning, volume and pitch.
- FPC acquires wave start/end point selection. SFZ export and loads AIFF, MP3 and REX files.
- Mono source recording. Mono ASIO inputs now handled by the mixer IN list.
- New user-definable keyboard velocity curve mapping in MIDI setup.
- Support for Apple Loops AIFF extensions.
FL Studio will be officially released at upcoming NAMM, 18-21 January 2007 at the Anaheim Convention Centre, Anaheim, CA , USA.
FL Studio will be shipping around mid-February 2007.
Image Line Software will be co-exhibiting with Music Marketing in Hall A -booth# 6828.
Please feel welcome to drop by and pick up your fully working demo CD and/or discuss this new release and see a demonstration.
To schedule a meeting, please consult our NAMM calendar at:
All FL Studio demo versions are fully featured. You can compose new songs and export them to WAV or MP3. The only limitation is that the ability to save the project is disabled.
FL7 will fit easily within your current workflow supporting VST/VSTi/VST2, DXi, DXi2, MP3, WAV, OGG (import), MIDI, ASIO, ASIO 2. Additionally supported through DirectWave - AKAI AKP (S5/6K,Z4,Z8), Battery (version 1), EXS24, Kontakt (version 1), Recycle and SoundFont2.
- FL Studio is available in 4 different editions
- FL Studio Express Edition: Download: $49 | Boxed: N/A.
- FL Studio Fruityloops Edition: Download: $99 | Boxed: $139 SRP.
- FL Studio Producer Edition: Download: $149 | Boxed: $209 SRP.
- FL Studio XXL Edition: Download: $361| Boxed: $449 SRP.
Related Image-Line Software
Available at a discount to purchasers of FL Studio from the Image-Line shop.
- Deckadance: DeckaDance DJ software - DJ software. Perform your tracks live.
- EZGenerator: Create your own web site - Publish your own website, market your music or band.
- Sytrus: Advanced FM, RM and Subtractive synthesis - Advanced FM, RM and Subtractive synthesis.
- Poizone: Powerful sound, simple interface - Powerful sound, simple interface.
- Toxic III: Cross platform FM synthesis - Cross platform FM synthesis.
- DirectWave: Advanced sampling synthesizer - Advanced sampling synthesizer.
About Image Line Software
Image Line Software, producers of FL Studio/FruityLoops, provides high quality music applications to the computer music community through online Internet distribution. In an effort to fight software piracy, which is hurting the industry, Image-Line uses the unique approach of offering their on-line customers Life Time Free updates.
- From producer edition upward.
#Depending on CPU power and Audio-interface design
Usefull Editor links:
# # #