Winter Park, FL (PRWEB) January 12, 2007
The Orlando Science Center (OSC) and presenting sponsor Full Sail Real World Education are working with multiple partners to host Otronicon, the ultimate video gaming experience, on January 12-21, 2007.
The premiere event in January 2006 was a great success attracting more than 16,000 guests to experience how the cultural phenomenon of video games and digital media is changing the fields of art, education, business and military training.
This year's event of Otronicon will combine the entertaining world of consumer video games with an insider's view of the art, technology and science that form the foundation and the future of the video game and simulation industries. Families and individuals of all ages will also experience the following:
- Play on more than 100 gaming stations, including Playstation 3, Wii and Xbox 360. Play some of today's most in-demand games, plus networked multiplayer formats and more, including a game featuring a custom-designed OSC racecar.
- Discover how games are made and learn to make your own. Presenting sponsor Full Sail Real World Education is offering eye-opening workshops taught by the experts that will unlock the art and science behind game design, including one just for girls.
- Meet Dr. Butch Rosser, the video game surgeon, and learn about "Games 4 Good." Explore the educational power of off-the-shelf video games during a show that's been described as a spelling bee meets the X-Games at a Jay-Z concert. EXPANDED PROGRAMS THIS YEAR!
- Experience the popular games of the past with the classic arcade of VideoTopia. Check out some of your old school favorites like: Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong and even Pong! TWICE THE SIZE OF LAST YEAR!
- Get your hands on cutting edge simulators used for military, commercial and industrial training. Learn how videogame technology is being used to train soldiers, pilots, drivers, medical professionals and more, with technology from companies such as Lockheed Martin and the Raydon Corporation.
- Compete in daily tournaments that will culminate in championship bouts on the giant screen. Players will be matched against each other during rounds of some of the hottest games including Halo, Madden NFL and Dance, Dance Revolution. Win prizes!
- See national tournaments from the Professional Gamers League and try to qualify for a local championship. Tournaments will take place on the 8-story screen of the Dr. Phillips CineDome (Jan.12, 13 & 14 only). Win prizes! NEW THIS YEAR!
- Dance, drive and rock out during the Cyber-Triathlon. This one-of-a-kind competition, created just for Otronicon, determines who's the best in three different consecutive games. Win prizes!
- Think Math is a bore? Not anymore. Tabula Digita hosts a multi-day interactive gaming tournament featuring DimenxianM, a game which seamlessly integrates Algebra concepts into a first person, 3D, action-adventure videogame.
- Pint-Size play area for the littlest gamers. A section just for young children and their parents featuring a pint-size version of Dance Dance Revolution plus games from V-Smile and Leap Frog. NEW THIS YEAR!
- Can you out-dance an Orlando Magic Dancer? Face off against a Magic Dancer on Dance Dance Revolution (Jan. 12, 13 & 14 and Jan. 19, 20, & 21 only).
Additional support for Otronicon is being provided through a grant from the Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs Advisory Council. City of Orlando, Fifth Third Bank, the Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission, and Lockheed Martin are also participating as sponsors.
Visit http://www.otronicon.org for complete information about the event. Daily admission to Otronicon will be $14.95 for adults and $9.95 for kids (under 12). OSC members pay only $5. Multi-day passes are also available ($49.95 for all 10 days for non-members, $10 for all 10 days for OSC members).
OSC will have extended hours during Otronicon. For more information on Full Sail, please visit http://www.fullsail.com. For more information on the Orlando Science Center, please visit http://www.osc.org.