New York City, NY (PRWEB) January 16, 2007
International Biometric Group announces availability of the Biometrics Market and Industry Report 2007-2012, the most in-depth and authoritative report on global biometric market opportunities, trends, and growth drivers.
The Biometrics Market and Industry Report 2007-2012 helps investors, strategic planners, systems integrators, technology developers, and government organizations understand and capitalize on opportunities in the biometric industry.
Key Report findings include the following:
- Global biometric revenues are projected to grow from $3.01b in 2007 to $7.41b in 2012, driven by government identity management programs and private-sector initiatives such as Consumer ID
- Fingerprint is expected to gain 38.1% of the non-AFIS biometrics market in 2007, followed by face recognition at 19.0% and iris recognition at 7.7%
- Annual iris recognition revenues are projected to approach $400m by 2010
- Asia and North America are expected to be the largest global markets for biometric products and services
- Vein recognition is expected to play a larger role in access control applications, eventually comprising over 10% of this market.
The Report includes detailed profiles of 25 publicly-traded and privately-held biometric vendors.
The Report also analyzes the impact of large-scale programs such as US-VISIT, Real ID, and the proposed British ID Card and National Register.
Biometric technologies addressed in the Report include the following:
- Face Recognition
- Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS) / Live-Scan
- Iris Recognition
- Middleware / Biometric Identity Management Software
- Vein Recognition
- Multiple-Biometrics (i.e. multimodal fusion systems)
- Hand Geometry
- Voice Recognition
Biometric applications addressed in the Report include the following:
- Civil ID
- Consumer ID
- Access Control / Attendance
- Device / System Access
- Criminal ID
Biometric markets addressed in the Report include the following:
- Law Enforcement
- State and Municipal Government
- National Government
- Financial Services
- Gaming and Hospitality
- Health Care
- High-Tech and Telecom
- Industrial Manufacturing
IBG's industry reports are based on real-world expertise and hands-on experience with biometric technologies and systems.
The Biometrics Market and Industry Report 2007-2012 is available for purchase online at http://www.biometricgroup.com/reports/public/market_report.html.
Report Length: 220 pages, 120 figures and charts
Publication Date: December 2006
Price: $3995 USD
About International Biometric Group
International Biometric Group (IBG) is the biometric industry's leading independent research, consulting and integration firm. IBG builds biometric systems for identification, access control, surveillance, and identity management applications. IBG works with government and commercial clients to design biometric systems, test emerging technologies, and develop go-to-market strategies. IBG provides industry thought leadership in performance, multimodal systems, and market analysis.
Learn more at http://www.biometricgroup.com.
# # #