London (PRWEB) January 15, 2007
Whitaker Associates (http://www.whitaker.com) announces that over twenty-eight leaders representing diverse segments of the directory and search services (DSS) industry will present at EDM07, the seventh annual European Directory Marketplace Conference. The conference will explore key market developments--including free / advertising supported information services, overall Mobile service growth, 3G growth, iPhones, local search, Web 2.0, Social Networks, and continued Internet growth--that are revolutionizing the DSS market. DSS represents the convergence of Directory Enquiry (DQ), Internet Search Engines, and Yellow Pages. EDM07 will be held on February 5-6, 2007 at the Millennium Mayfair Hotel in London.
The opening panel will include visionary leaders and great speakers with a wealth of industry experience:
- Günther Baierl, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, GoYellow Media
- Perry Evans, CEO, Local Matters
- Gareth J. Morgan, General Manager, Data Services, BT Directories
Other sessions will feature the following industry leaders:
- Jens Andersen, mobilePeople
- Dominic Blackburn, 192.com
- Peter Buxton, Buxton Independent Consulting
- Carmel Coscia, Sybase 365
- Danièle DRAHY, Maporama
- Michael Durance, Call Genie
- George Fraser, InfoSpace
- Joost Gielen, Delfblue
- Simon Grice, Midentity
- Song Huang, SoonR
- Christian Hugonnet, NovaSys
- Steve Isaac, Responsa
- John Kemp, Local Matters
- Scott Kliger, Jingle Networks
- Ralph Eric Kunz, Nokia
- Masoud Loghmani, BTSLogic
- Bernhard Mühlhaus, Volt Delta
- Kathleen Pierz, The Pierz Group
- Sam Sethi, Vecosys
- Jonas Silfverschiöld, Itesco
- Marketta Silvera, Apptera
- Wim Steenhaut, EIDQ
- Bryan Stockwell, Mobile Commerce
- Jeffrey Strunk, WDN
- Rabin Yaghoubi, Google
Conference sessions will cover:
- Future of Directories and Search Services
- Data breadth & depth, sources & relevancy: delivering the information users are looking for
- DA / DQ: Free, Advertiser Based, and Other Services
- Opportunities in the Mobile World: Content, User Experience, Local Search
- Delivering information in a Multi-Modal Environment: DQ, Search Engines, Mobile
- Web 2.0 and Enhanced Services: New Models and Opportunities for Concierge, Social Network, and VoIP Services
"Issues covered at this year's conference are particularly important because the industry is undergoing a revolutionary transition," said Stuart M. Whitaker, conference organizer.
An awards dinner will be held on February 5th, recognizing directory and search services innovation.
Gold Sponsors of this conference include:
- BTSLogic (http://www.btslogic.com);
- Call Genie (http://www.callgenie.com);
- Local Matters (http://www.localmatters.com).
The EIDQ, the Association for the Directory Information Industry, is a Partner Sponsor for this conference. Silver Sponsors include LSSi and Soleo Communications. Other organizations will also be exhibiting.
Whitaker Associates has extensive experience in the directory and search services industry, offering conferences, The Operator Online (http://www.theoperatoronline.com) news service, and consulting. To attend, to sponsor, or for more information, visit http://www.whitaker.com.
Stuart M. Whitaker
+44 (020) 8133 8278