London, UK, and Houston, TX (PRWEB) January 16, 2007
KBC (http://www.kbcat.com) announces additional contract awards and continued profitability in the last half of 2006.
Several awards, which are indicative of the sustained and improving market for KBC’s enhanced products and services, include:
- A Strategic Alliance agreement with Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) in Malaysia for the provision of specialised consulting services, software tools and methodologies for an initial period of two years
- Retention by Citadel Capital as Technical Advisor to its expansion project involving a broad range of Capital Excellence (CapX) services supporting the construction of a new hydrocracking complex in Egypt
- Contracts with Valero Refining Company in the US for developing operating procedure manuals by TTS, and using Veritech services for energy and yield improvements
- Four traditional KBC Profit Improvement Programs in the Middle East
- A Petro-SIM™ sale to Saudi Aramco at their Ras Tanura refinery
- Further energy reduction and ‘Deepcut’ technology projects with Sinopec refineries in China
The Board is pleased to confirm that this improvement continued in the second half of the year as anticipated and has resulted in the delivery of sustained profitability compared to the losses made in 2005. As a consequence, KBC is confident of delivering an overall financial performance in line with market expectations.
The market conditions for KBC’s products and services are extremely positive in a world facing a shortage of refining capacity for some years to come. KBC’s consulting resources have been extremely busy and effectively at full utilisation during the last quarter of 2006, and they should remain so during the first quarter of 2007.
KBC Advanced Technologies plc, a leading independent consulting, process engineering and software group, delivers improved operating performance to the oil refining, petrochemical, and other process industries worldwide. We provide process consulting, strategic planning advice, energy price forecasting and market analysis, economic studies, capital project services, and training to help clients achieve their business objectives and improve their competitive position. KBC’s human performance improvement division, TTS Performance Systems, provides organisational effectiveness services, training programmes, operations manuals, and personnel development services. KBC’s consultants recommend changes for material and measurable improvements in profitability. To assist clients in realising such improvements, KBC provides implementation services and software solutions, including the KBC SIM models and Petro-SIM™ for process optimisation, and the Linnhoff March and Veritech energy optimisation software packages. Formed in 1979, KBC has offices in the UK, USA, Canada, Singapore, the Netherlands, Russia, China, and Japan. For more information, visit http://www.kbcat.com.
# # #