Arlington, VA (PRWEB) January 23, 2007
Capterra, an online resource for buyers researching business software solutions, provides practical resolutions to help software marketers in their 2007 online marketing efforts.
1. Simplify your website: Make it easy for prospective buyers to find information about your product and a way to contact you. Avoid cluttering your site with too much copy, confusing graphics and other non-essential information.
2. Do not rely on buzzwords to explain your product: Don't bury your product's features in meaningless jargon. Use straightforward language to tell prospects what your product can do for them.
3. Track your web traffic from click to lead: Know exactly how prospects find you and the return-on-investment for each of your online marketing campaigns.
4. Educate buyers instead of just selling to them: Cultivate leads so they know what they should look for, and why they will find it in your product.
5. Test something new on your website once a month: Don't assume that your website is doing the best possible job for you. Use your website as a sales tool, and find out what works best to convert visitors to leads.
Capterra is the leading online marketplace for enterprise software. Capterra's comprehensive directories and tools provide software buyers with a powerful, free resource to research enterprise software solutions. Capterra's performance-based lead generation service provides targeted sales leads for enterprise software vendors. Founded in 1999, Capterra has helped millions of people select the right software solution for their organizations, while providing the ideal online channel for software vendors to reach active buyers. For more information, call (703) 994-4985 or visit http://www.capterra.com.
# # #