The new interface is neat, clean and has a Windows type of feeling to it which is great
Clifton Park, NY (PRWEB) January 22, 2007
Auto/Mate Dealership Systems, ranked the highest in overall customer satisfaction in the last three NADA surveys, announced today the launch of AMPS® (Automotive Management Productivity Suite), the next evolutionary step of its dealership management system currently installed in more than 400 dealers. Designed by former auto dealer executives, AMPS has more than 20 modules to meet every dealer need, including Sales, F&I, Fixed Operations, Accounting, CRM, and more.
The new version includes a unique, graphical user interface that is familiar and easy to use for people with little computer experience, as well as the addition of several new modules to improve dealer communications and productivity. In addition AMPS can be installed either on a server in the dealership or as an ASP solution.
"The cost for a computer system is one of the few expenses dealers can control that really has a dramatic impact on their bottom line," said Mike Esposito, President of Auto/Mate and former dealership General Manager. "Many dealers have one chance every five years to make the right choice. Our system provides the most value per dollar, which is only one of the reasons we have been growing nearly 30% per year."
Besides the standard modules such as Sales, Accounting, Parts and Service, AMPS by Auto/Mate offers the following new features and functionality:
● A Graphical User Interface (GUI) is familiar and easy to use for people with little computer experience. Users can choose keystrokes or a mouse to select icons, tabs and other intuitive links that make accessing different modules and running reports as easy as point-and-click. Drop down menus offer instant function and navigation choices, and the ability to click back and forth between modules and other open software programs allows the user to multitask, increasing productivity.
● Dash/Mate is a management dashboard module that displays meters, charts and other graphical elements called "widgets" that represent vital statistics of dealership operations, allowing users to gauge a variety of measurements about the dealership with a single glance.
● Chat/Mate, a fully integrated dealership wide instant messaging module, gives dealership employees a powerful communications tool that promotes collaboration and productivity. Since messaging is enabled only between people in the dealership organization, dealers gain the benefits of instant messaging without having to worry about employees wasting time by chatting with people outside the dealership.
● eMail/Mate is an internal e-mail system, allowing employees to e-mail each other across the dealership and between dealerships in a group but not outside of the organization. The users can create their own address book, folders and set personal display preferences.
● Note/Mate is a module that allows the user to electronically tie a colored "sticky note" to a given customer record, deal or repair order. When that record is accessed the note will appear automatically, i.e. an F&I manager could attach a note to a deal and when Accounting opens that records they will see a note 'stuck' to the deal, calling immediate attention to the subject of the note.
● Payment/Mate is a financial calculator that allows users to run "what if" scenarios, estimating payments for different loan amounts, interests and terms. It's a great tool for graphically showing a customer how changes, such as increasing the down payment, impacts their loan.
Dean Covey, Fixed Operations Manager for the Scoville Meno family of dealerships in Pennsylvania and New York, has used Auto/Mate since 1990. He received the version with the new interface about six months ago, and since then has rolled it out to every user in their five dealerships. "The new interface is neat, clean and has a Windows type of feeling to it which is great," said Covey. "The whole system is extremely user friendly."
Covey notes the ease-of-use is what he likes best about Auto/Mate. "When someone new comes into parts and service, they don't have to be computer literate to use the system," he said. "Whatever you want to do, the options are on the screen. It's all point and click. I can have them up and running in ten or fifteen minutes, billing and invoicing parts."
Doug Weisz, Managing Owner of Evergreen Subaru in Auburn, Maine, reviewed several DMS vendors before selecting Auto/Mate for his new dealership one year ago. "Usability was key, and from a usability standpoint this system has been stable and allows us to do all the operational pieces of the business with no critical problems," he said.
AMPS by Auto/Mate provides dealers with the most value per dollar, saving customers money in several areas. "The fact we can use our own hardware is great, we are not locked into buying from one vendor," Covey said. "Also the monthly expenses are very fair, compared to others I've heard about, it's very affordable." Auto/Mate's software maintenance contract is month-to-month, requiring no long-term commitment.
"Cost was important, but the price value was really the most important factor in selecting a vendor," said Weisz. "We get everything we need for less money."
Additionally, Auto/Mate charges once for the purchase of the system, after which dealers receive all upgrades and support free--forever (existing customers of Auto/Mate will receive the AMPS upgrade for free). Compared with other systems, Auto/Mate also offers huge savings in forms printing, as no pre-printed forms are required and customers are not charged per-page printing. Another advantage of AMPS includes full integration of all modules, so when a task is completed in one module, it automatically updates the records in all the other modules.
Auto/Mate Dealership Systems was established 25 years ago with a simple goal: to provide an efficient and reasonably priced computer system to increase dealers' profitability. Designed by car people for car people, AMPS® (Automotive Management Productivity Suite) by Auto/Mate offers dealers the value they have been seeking in a dealership management system. Auto/Mate's success has led to a continuous growth rate of more than 30% per year, with its system currently in use by more than 400 dealers. In three combined surveys conducted by NADA, Auto/Mate has ranked the highest in customer satisfaction over any other dealer system provider.
AMPS by Auto/Mate Dealership Systems is powerful, scalable and has a unique, graphical user interface that makes it familiar and easy to use. AMPS is an open system and will run on most computer hardware that a dealer has in place. For more information, please visit http://www.automate.com or contact Auto/Mate at 800-371-3970.
For more information contact:
Carter West Public Relations
President & CEO
Auto/Mate Dealership Systems