Washington, DC (PRWEB) January 26, 2007
ConsentSolutions™ facilitates clinical trial sponsors, research organizations and investigators in the development of clinical trial informed consent documents and provides qualified potential clinical trial subjects with an online, interactive informed consent that is supplemented with media-enhanced medical explanations, self-assessment questions to test understanding, and values assessment and decision-making tools.
- a customized approach to the production of multimedia consent documents for approval by Institutional Review Boards
- SecureConsent™ an enhanced multimedia consent that meets the information and decision needs of potential clinical trial subjects
- changes, updates, and subject approvals for ongoing clinical trial protocols in an efficient and timely manner
- audio-visual presentations in multiple languages
- tracking and verification of subjects' date, time, and use data
- text and narrative in multiple languages
- consistent presentation of information across the entire subject base
- email links between investigator and subjects for updates and questions
Studies indicate that multimedia-enhanced informed consent increase enrollment by 50%, increase participant retention by 35%, increase subject understanding by 40%, and require significantly less researcher time per enrolled subject. In an initial head-to-head comparison by adult volunteers, SecureConsent™, computer-based format was found to be more comprehensible and accessible than the same trial consent in paper format. The additional educational materials and interactive decision tools were seen as advantages of the computer-based format over the same information in a paper-based format.
About ConsentSolutions, Inc.
Founded in 2005 and based in Frederick, Maryland, our innovative approach to improving the consent process is winning acclaim from practitioners and patients alike. ConsentSolutions, Inc.'s senior management team has decades of combined experience in specialized health communications, interactive design and programming, and optimized web applications, as well as extensive hands-on experience delivering media based educational and decision-support materials for patients. ConsentSolutions, Inc's initial product SecureConsent™ was launched in June 2006. ConsentSolutions, inc is focused on supporting trial staff and developing interactive, user-friendly software and websites that help candidates and patients make understand and make an informed decision about clinical trial participation.
About Artemis Global Technology Fund
Since 2001, under the leadership of its President and founder, Rebel Holiday, Artemis Global Technology Fund has invested in over 40 Portfolio Companies with significant potential for growth. The Fund seeks businesses that score favorable on the following criteria: strong margins, an excess rate of return, near term revenues, moderate expenses, exceptional management and excellent potential for stock liquidity.
For information contact:
Susan Brink, President & CEO
1828 L Street, NW
Washington DC, 20036