Princeton, NJ (PRWEB) January 24, 2007
African-American hair is more adaptable to a variety of styles that do not involve braiding or chemical relaxing, thanks to a new product called Curlaway® Curl Relaxer that gradually reduces curl without the brittleness or breakage that can result from chemical relaxers. Natural and moisturizing, Curlaway Curl Relaxer modifies the hair's structure by breaking hydrogen bonds and rotating disulfide bonds, rather than breaking them as chemical relaxers do.
Curlaway contains a patented formula that works on all hair types, even hard-to-manage and permed hair, with plant oils, Vitamin B-5 (panthenol) and MSM. Curlaway relaxes hair naturally with acids derived from plants, so it requires no neutralization.
Xenna CEO Carol J. Buck, herself a user of the product, says "Curlaway gradually removes curl, makes hair shiny and manageable, and permits you to use highlights, dyes right over it, without the risk of breakage. It also stops frizz."
Curlaway Gel is applied two ways: As a rinse-out overnight treatment and also as a light, daily application as a leave-in conditioning-relaxer. Best of all, the straightening effect is reversible - just stop using Curlaway when you have the look you like, or keep using it for silky-straight hair. To go back to your natural curl, simply wait 6 to 8 weeks and your natural curl gradually returns.
According to Xenna's website, one user reports, "I am really impressed with this product! I was very skeptical at first and researched Curlaway for a couple of months. I love it, love it, love it!!! I have told both my sisters and my niece about it and they are going to try it also. The results are cumulative and at this rate with my hair looking so healthy and fabulous, I will not go back to a conventional relaxer."
Buck makes ten suggestions for styling your hair after using Curlaway Gel:
1. Keep ends in place with a touch of wax or paste. Secure the tips of your bangs or ends to your face or crown with wax, as well.
2. For sleek, romantic waves, set your hair with large rollers or use narrow rollers for sexy, bouncing ringlets.
3. For the tousled, casual look, use a medium barrel curling wand and let the curls fall where they may. (When using Curlaway, your hair will be very responsive to roller and wand styling at a medium setting, so heat styling will not dry your hair.)
4. Don't forget your daughter, son, niece or nephew! Curlaway relaxes and detangles men's and children's' hair, as well. Natural curls are soft, easy to comb and style without breakage.
5. Keep your hair touchable! Never plaster or spray! Use just a dab of Curlaway on wet or dry hair for extra shine and gloss.
6. When not relaxing your hair with Curlaway, deep moisturize your hair and scalp with an overnight treatment of olive oil or your favorite natural plant or nut oil (these can be purchased in your grocery store). Rinse out in the morning with warm water and lightly shampoo.
7. Keep updos loose and natural. Use fun hair clips, ribbon, hairpieces and artificial or live flowers for charming accents.
8. Try hemp-based moisturizers on your hair, such as Malibu's Hemp Moisturizer for Dry Skin, as a daily moisturizer for hair and skin.
9. Swooping, long bangs brushed to the side over your forehead are more appealing than short, straight ones.
10. Highlight your hair. Curlaway is perfectly safe to use before or after highlighting your hair, and won't cause breakage. Wait for any perm to grow out first.
Ms. Buck says, "Curlaway is truly revolutionary because of its lower pH and gentle method of relaxing curl, which reduces your curl gradually while adding softness, shine and manageability."
Curlaway Relaxing Gel is unconditionally money-back guaranteed. Before and after photos, retail locations and other information, can be viewed at http://www.xenna.com .
Curlaway can be purchased at Walgreens in most major cities, including Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Detroit, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, Kansas City and New Orleans. For a complete listing of the Walgreens stores carrying Curlaway, go to http://www.curlaway.com/product_curlaway/walgreens.html . A listing of beauty supply stores carrying Curlaway along the East Coast is also available at http://www.xenna.com/curlaway_beautystores.html .
Curlaway can also be purchased online at http://www.xenna.com .
Xenna Corporation is a privately-held, woman-owned company which develops and distributes natural personal care products for skin, hair and nails. For more information on all Xenna products, click on http://www.xenna.com. View the company's press page at http://www.xenna.com/info_pressreleases.html