Better Web CMS products are built to facilitate content reuse, management, and optimization
Houston, TX (PRWEB) January 24, 2007
To effectively compete companies must be found and reputably presented online; yet few truly leverage the Web. The latest in a series of monthly reports from Liquid Development, a Houston Web CMS, is entitled "Top Six Criteria to Ensuring Intelligent Web CMS ROI Purchase."
This report builds a business case for Web CMS and details six (6) essential criteria for evaluating Web CMS alternatives.
This complimentary, Web CMS report includes:
- How-to Distinguish Between Content Management and Content Maintenance
- Content Creation, Reuse, and Usage Standards
- Building the Business Case: Web CMS Return on Investment (ROI)
Ensuring return on investment upfront is imperative and a delicate balance between functionality, usability, cost, and implementation time.
Web Content Management Systems (Web CMS) originally were created to manage online content, but their role is rapidly evolving because of the following factors:
- Prospective customers either start their purchase process online or utilize the Web as a reference check before buying
- Multiple employees (not only IT or marketing) need access to the Web in order to meet today's business objectives
- The Web can improve brand penetration (community forums and blogs for example), sales (guided online trials or ecommerce), and customer satisfaction (field sales or customer service support)
- The more compelling and interactive the website (think eBay, TheOninion, Digg, MySpace, YouTube) the more apt a company is to leverage the power of the Web
Web CMS products range from a few hundred to thousands of dollars. Sellers will commonly try to differentiate on their interface, but implementation time and employee usability are far bigger ROI drivers.
Why purchase Web CMS?
1. Increase sales / Identify prospects
2. Position your organization as the #1 provider
3. Supporting sales, field employees, or customer service operations
4. Improve efficiency and employee utility
5. Automate routine processes
"Better Web CMS products are built to facilitate content reuse, management, and optimization" notes David Wallis, Founder of Liquid Development, Houston, TX.
About Liquid Development: WE SIMPLIFY TECHNOLOGY.
For a decade, Liquid Development has simplified technology for medium and Fortune 500 organizations by providing best-in-class application development and web content management technology and service. For a no-obligation technical assessment, contact us at http://www.liquiddev.com.