While no one thinks any of these incidents will ever happen to their home, the fact is that they happen all the time
Charlotte, N.C. (PRWEB) January 25, 2007
So you've just made what will likely be your largest investment ever - the purchase of a new home. Be sure to protect that investment by finding a homeowner's insurance policy that fits your needs. A competitively priced policy that provides replacement cost coverage for your house and personal property is a must.
- Be sure to buy the right type of policy.
- Have the proper levels of protection within that policy, including special provisions for jewelry, computer equipment, and other particularly valuable possessions.
- Know what type of natural disasters, if any, your policy covers. If needed, supplement your coverage with special protection against natural disasters that are not covered in your basic policy.
While obtaining home insurance is a smart move on the part of all homeowners, those with mortgages are required by their lenders to have home insurance.
Homeowner's insurance can also protect your home from:
- Fire or lightning.
- Windstorms, hail or explosions.
- Riot or civil commotion.
- Damage from vehicles.
- Sudden and accidental damage from smoke.
- Vandalism or malicious mischief.
- Theft and accidental breakage of windows.
"While no one thinks any of these incidents will ever happen to their home, the fact is that they happen all the time," said Slaughter. "It's best to protect yourself and your belongings."
RealEstate.com offers consumers a better way to buy or sell a home through a comprehensive suite of real estate services, tools and content as they progress through their home buying or selling process. This one-stop-shop offers a personalized roadmap, access to more than two million home listings, exclusive Find-a-REALTOR® and Find-a-Builder matching services, free home valuation tools, dedicated customer care representatives available nearly round-the-clock, and valuable rebate offers. Together, these tools allow RealEstate.com to simplify the often-complex real estate transaction and help consumers save time, money, and aggravation.
RealEstate.com is owned and operated by LendingTree, LLC, which is part of IAC Financial Services and Real Estate, an operating company of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI), which also owns or operates LendingTree Loans sm, LendingTree Settlement Services, LLC, GetSmart®, Domania®, and iNest Realty, Inc.
REALTOR® -- A registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.