Flower Mound, TX (PRWEB) January 31, 2007
Genuitec, LLC, the leading provider of the popular MyEclipse integrated development environment (IDE) and a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation, today announced the immediate availability of MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.5. Based on a new Fusion™ technology platform, this first milestone release introduces significant developer enhancements for the MyEclipse IDE Enterprise Workbench™. Called SNAPs (Simple Nonintegrated Applications) these tools are targeted for quick, light-weight, "no IDE required"™ development tasks.
The advent of Fusion technology and the SNAPs tool suite opens new doors by enabling non-IDE users and users of popular IDEs to have access to MyEclipse developer tools in a light-weight, low-cost footprint. It also allows developers to quickly and easily move between agile SNAPs for focused tasks into a larger IDE environment without losing time or work-in-progress. In addition, the new Fusion technology will enable Genuitec to deliver new features and capabilities through a series of SNAP applications - effectively eliminating vendor lock-in and connecting previously disparate work environments in a simple, easy to use tool suite.
"Genuitec has always been at the forefront of development tools technology, bridging the gap between environments that have historically been mutually exclusive," says Maher Masri, CEO of Genuitec. "In 2006, we were the first company to successfully port external technology into an Eclipse environment by offering Matisse4MyEclipse. Now for 2007, our R&D labs have developed Fusion Technology to take that principle a step further by allowing universal tool compatibility. Developers can set up their workspace the way they want it, while retaining the SNAPs as high-efficiency tools within multiple environments. Users of other quality IDEs can benefit from the productivity increase of SNAPs, and we look forward to rolling out many more crossover tools as the market demands them."
The following SNAPs are included in MyEclipse 5.5:
- Image Editor (including screen capture)
- Visual Web Designer
- Database Explorer
- XML Editor
"We are very excited to offer the additional choice and flexibility options that are afforded by the inclusion of the SNAPS," says Wayne Parrott, Vice President of Development for Genuitec. "With other IDEs rushing to add more features to their platforms, they have actually hampered their ability to be effective with programmers looking for a one-off, task-based toolset. We feel that SNAPs will be a great new option for our users and we will continue to expand the Fusion technology suite to broaden the selection of lock-in-free tools available to our customers."
MyEclipse 5.5 combines several other new features with its existing tool set that encompasses the Java application development life cycle from heavyweight J2EE development to lighter-weight frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring.
MyEclipse 5.5 Enterprise Workbench incorporates the following new capabilities and enhancements:
- Hibernate/Spring Integration--The latest version of Hibernate tools to support advanced ORM reverse-engineering strategies including omit table columns, naming strategies, and retained Velocity templates. Also, an improved HQL Editor, upgraded to support Spring IDE 2.0.
- UML--Sequence diagram improved roles w/ DnD from UCs and CDs. Copy/Cut/Paste of classes, interfaces, attributes and methods.
- Web Services--Upgraded to Xfire 1.2.4. Exposed WTP WSDL Basic Profile validation. Improved top-down and bottom-up generation wizards. Improved error reporting of Jaxb code generation errors.
- Database Explorer--Extended support for MySQL advanced features such as triggers, procedures and administrative operations. Available as a SNAP for Windows.
- Visual Web Designer--New UI split-page layout with 2 user pages: Design/Source and Preview. Supported on both Windows and Linux. Available as a SNAP for Windows.
- Matisse4MyEclipse-- Supports custom user forms, custom controls and improved usability.
- Image Editor--Image Preview and ScreenCapture. Preview now shows size properties and Screencapture actions on the toolbar and also available from the menubar. Available as a SNAP for Windows.
- XML/XSL/Catalog--Additional relative URI support for System entities in catalog. Graph mode support on startup is now fixed. Available as a SNAP for Windows.
Reduced Download Size - All-in-One Installer now uses 50% less file space.
The MyEclipse platform is rapidly becoming the default toolkit for developers seeking to create sophisticated RCP, Java and J2EE applications. By the end of 2007, Genuitec estimates that between eight hundred thousand and one million users will be consumers of MyEclipse technologies.
Pricing & Availability
MyEclipse 5.5 Enterprise Workbench with SNAPs Fusion Technology is available immediately via download. The Standard Edition annual subscription is priced at $29.95 USD and the Professional Edition annual subscription is priced at $49.95 USD. All subscriptions include unlimited access to Genuitec's world-class, direct-response online support.
The following URL provides additional details about MyEclipse 5.5:
Genuitec, LLC, is an Eclipse-based company offering innovative Java and J2EE development tools. Genuitec offers training and expert consulting and development services for the Eclipse SDK and Rich Client Platforms. An original sponsor of Eclipse Plug-in Central, Genuitec joined the Eclipse Foundation early in 2003 and currently has an employee serving as an elected member of the board of directors, actively participating in the strategy development and direction of the organization. Genuitec LLC was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas.
Genuitec and MyEclipse are trademarks of Genuitec, LLC. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be treated as such. JRE, Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
North American Sales Contact: Genuitec, LLC, 2221 Justin Rd, #119-340, Flower Mound, TX 75028;
Tel: 888-267-4176 X 704, Fax: 214-853-4284