Lake Leelanau, MI (Vocus) January 31, 2007
Traverse City, MI (Vocus) January 31, 2007 -- PodGarden™, a division of Oneupweb and a corporate podcast production and promotion company, brings credibility to podcasting audience measurement today by launching an enterprise-level tracking service. The service, named PodTractor™, is capable of verifying audiences for large podcasting organizations similar to magazine circulation audits. With this tool, podcasters can confidently describe their audience to potential advertisers and sponsors or present an accurate accounting of returns to investors and management. On the other side of the media table, the technology helps advertisers determine where to buy ads with an apples-to-apples comparison of podcast audience value.
"Accurate podcast tracking is a major issue among large-scale podcast producers," says Lisa Wehr, Oneupweb's founder and president. "Before PodTractor, podcast producers couldn't prove their value to marketers or media planners. Now they can, without changing how they host or distribute their shows."
Circulation, reach, frequency--the metrics that media planners, brand managers and publishers use to describe value are now available in podcasting. PodTractor tracks downloads and subscribers, from directory sources and a variety of media players--even subscriber behavior from iTunes. And PodTractor is the only podcast tracking technology with the ability to track 100 percent of listeners including those listening through desktop players.
- It's easy to use and doesn't require an IT department
- Users have 24/7 access to audience real-time data and reports
- Monetize podcasts with accurate subscriber and download data
- Doesn't require a change of hosting or distribution processes
- Reports are easy to organize for management and stakeholders
"With the addition of the enterprise-level service, we're able to provide all the major podcast producers with tracking: entertainment and news corporations, radio networks, analysts, politicians, magazines, churches and many others," says Wehr. "Now podcast producers can provide the accountability that their clients have come to expect with other forms of online advertising."
Wehr emphasizes that PodTractor is designed for high-volume podcasters, producing regular shows at a professional level. The service's reporting includes:
- A summary of the series or an episode overview--by month, week, day
- Most popular series and episode--top downloads
- Visitors and downloads--which domains visited, what each downloaded
- Subscribers--non-subscriber downloads or dedicated subscriber
- Number of subscribers by directory source
- Loyalty tracking--organized by series and episode
- Top podcast directory traffic sources
- Position in search engines Google, MSN, Ask and Yahoo
- Running trend graphs--week-to-week, month-to-month
Oneupweb expects that PodTractor data will have a broad appeal inside a corporation:
- Editorial departments will be able to gauge which topics are most popular.
- Research and product development will be able to track consumer trends.
- Sales will have a better feel for the length of the sales cycle and marketing will know which media are most effective.
- Investor relations professionals will be able to judge the reach of recorded investor conference calls more accurately.
PodGarden, a division of Oneupweb, specializes in top-quality, business podcast production including award-winning creative, high-speed hosting and the world's most advanced tracking, PodTractor. Oneupweb President, Lisa Wehr, is a decorated marketing leader, having been named an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, a Leader & Innovator from Lawrence Technological University and to BtoB Magazine's Who's Who in Search. Oneupweb has been an innovator in online marketing for more than a decade and is a privately-held company headquartered in Traverse City, Michigan. Oneupweb is a team of professionals dedicated to the creation of integrated online marketing plans that include natural search engine optimization, paid search marketing, podcast production, online market research, marketing analytics and more. For more information, please contact 231.256.9811.