By offering online bidding in conjunction with the live auction, we are able to add a new type of bidder to the traditional auction typically featured on the show
Omaha, NE (PRWEB) January 31, 2007
Proxibid, a premier provider of live auction broadcasting services, today announced that it will provide live Internet bidding for an upcoming auction to be featured on HGTV's popular show "Cash in the Attic." This is the first time the television show's auction will be available for online bidding. The live auction will take place on February 3, 2007 at 5:00 p.m. at Hammer Down Auctions in Leander, TX. Live online bidding for the event will be available via Proxibid's Web site.
Cash in the Attic is one of HGTV's most popular shows. During the show, professional appraisers scour the homes of the show's participants for hidden treasures. The items chosen by the appraisers are then auctioned off to raise money to pay for a home improvement project for the participants.
"By offering online bidding in conjunction with the live auction, we are able to add a new type of bidder to the traditional auction typically featured on the show," said Michele Hammer of Hammer Down Auctions. "Proxibid's leading technology will enable us to attract a wider audience than ever before to a 'Cash in the Attic' auction. We are thrilled to be working with Proxibid to bring live Internet bidding to HGTV's viewers."
The items up for auction include pottery, decorative glass and valuable coin collections. Some of the auction highlights include:
- Lot 1: Formia Collection murano art glass vase with certificate of authenticity. Handblown and heavy beautiful crystal vase measures 5 lbs. 10 oz. and was made in Italy;
- Lot 2: Lavorazione murano 10" vase made in Italy;
- Lot 16: Vintage American coins set encased in plexiglass holder. All coins have natural toning. Set includes a 1922 Peace Dollar, 1943 Lincoln Steel Wheat Penny, 1943 Silver Jefferson Nickel, 1964 Roosevelt Dime, 1964 Washington Quarter and a 1962 Ben Franklin Half Dollar;
- Lot 17: World War II obsolete coin collection encased in plexiglass holder; includes 1942-1945 silver Jefferson nickels, 1943 Steel Cent and 1944-1946 Lincoln Shell Case Wheat Pennies;
- Lot 18: American series presidents' collection encased in plexiglass holder; includes 1964 Lincoln Memorial Cent, 1963 Jefferson Nickel, 1984 Washington Quarter, 1954 Roosevelt Dime and a 1964 Kennedy Half Dollar.
"Being part of a show like 'Cash in the Attic' further solidifies our position as a leader in the Internet auction marketplace," said Bruce Hoberman, CEO of Proxibid.
"Proxibid's proprietary technology and stellar customer service and support will attract new viewers to 'Cash in the Attic'. Now, bidders from across the globe can participate in one of the most popular shows on American television."
To participate in the online auction, visit http://www.proxibid.com/hammerdownauction. Once there, bidders can view the auction catalog, place pre-bids and bid online during the live event. While the auction will take place on February 3, 2007, the actual "air date" is to be determined.
Proxibid is the premier provider of live Internet auction broadcasting services. With Proxibid, bidders have access to real auctions, with real auctioneers, from the comfort of their home or office. Bidders can view auction catalogs, post pre-bids and participate in real-time Internet bidding via Proxibid's powerful auction portal. As a leading pioneer of live Internet bidding technology, Proxibid continues to lead the marketplace by offering an unparalleled level of customer service and support.
To learn more about Proxibid, please log on to http://www.proxibid.com.