Glendale, CA (PRWEB) February 7, 2007
When to propose? Where to propose? What about the ring? The questions are endless when you're planning on popping the big question. As we enter February, the second most popular month to propose marriage (after December), we know these questions will be on the mind of many men. Steve Elliott Marketing Research recently conducted an online survey for Robbins Bros., World's Biggest Engagement Ring Store®, that could help many answer the former questions.
Here are some interesting facts to consider before the big day:
- One to two percent of the U.S. population gets engaged each year. That adds up to about 4.5 million engagements.
- With Valentine's Day fast approaching many men are making preparations to propose. But, perhaps they should consider waiting because 69 percent of women prefer that their proposal occur on a day that holds no significance to the world in order to make it special just for them.
- Planning on proposing on the big screen at the next NBA game? Try again. Majority of people would rather share that special moment in private.
- Ladies, remember as a young girl dreaming up the perfect wedding, including the color and style of your bridesmaids' dresses? Well, the survey indicates that men don't begin to think about their engagement or wedding until they're of drinking age - after 21. Coincidence?
- "Will you marry me?" According to the survey, 59 percent of people would desire to hear these four words over "You've won the lottery!"
- Having trouble finding the perfect mate? Don't fret, get your friends involved. More than 27 percent have met their fiance through a friend.
- Location, location, location. Choosing the location of a proposal is always a major decision. For those who live in cities near the water, you're in luck because 35 percent of participants think the beach makes for an ideal proposal location.
- Which memory do you cherish most? The survey says 54 percent feel getting engaged is more unforgettable than one's first kiss (24 percent).
- Lastly, when it comes to the engagement ring, 62 percent of women said just buy the one she wants. It makes for a much happier wife!
Robbins Bros. currently operates seven freestanding store locations in Southern California, three in Houston and one in Dallas, Texas. Expansion plans in Chicago are now underway. Robbins Bros. has been featured on Today, The Tyra Banks Show, Ellen, and Dr. Phil. For more information please visit http://www.robbinsbros.com or call 1-800-610-RING.
- The engagement research was conducted by an independent national research firm (Steve Elliott Marketing Research) and responses were solicited from individuals who have recently entertained the idea of becoming engaged, have recently become engaged or who have recently been married. On an annual basis, 1 to 2 percent of the population in the United States becomes engaged. The responses in this survey make up a sample that is statistically accurate +/-6% at 95% confidence.