Flower Mound, TX (PRWEB) February 16, 2007
Genuitec, LLC, the leading provider of the popular MyEclipse integrated development environment (IDE) and a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation, is proud to announce 100% growth in 2006 -- a year that saved MyEclipse customers over $200 million.
"2006 was a great year for MyEclipse," said Genuitec CEO Maher Masri. "By partnering with our customers and listening to their requests, we were once again able to deliver quality tools more quickly than anyone in the industry."
Fulfilling the longtime commitment to base tools off of our customer needs, in 2006 Genuitec responded to user requests and suggestions by:
- Implementing Hibernate and Spring integration
- Porting external tools into MyEclipse (Matisse4MyEclipse)
- Delivering four major releases
- Allowing customers to stay on the cutting-edge by being the first company to support the Eclipse 3.2 platform and Callisto projects
- Quadrupling our download bandwidth and implemented new server hardware and software technologies
- Developing an "All-in-One" installer to simplify download and decrease compatibility concerns among platforms
- Increasing our staff to enhance development and customer support
- Improving documentation, tutorials, quick-starts
Through the customer/vendor collaboration and partnership, MyEclipse's user base has grown from about 190,000 at the end of 2005 to almost 400,000 by the end of 2006.
MyEclipse Goes Overseas
In September 2006, Genuitec announced an OEM agreement to adapt MyEclipse IDE as a base of Java application development into Hitachi's acclaimed "uCosminexus" Universal Application Platform. The product is prepping to ship and the co-branded platform has already caused excitement on both sides of the Pacific. As the Hitachi/MyEclipse relationship continues into 2007, we look forward to exciting developments in the Asia-Pac region.
The 2006 Buzz on the Street
MyEclipse was recognized by Eclipse Magazine as the Readers' Choice of "Best Eclipse-based Commercial Software Solution" for 2006. Spurred on by such recognition, Genuitec looks forward to delivering more value to customers and continuing the award-winning trend. This summer, Genuitec anticipates receiving further recognition from the acclaimed JDJ Readers' Choice Awards in several categories.
What industry leaders are saying about Genuitec and MyEclipse:
"Genuitec really is all about Eclipse. Having said that, the company makes decisions based on capability and user requirements, rather than religion."
- James Governor, an Industry Analyst with RedMonk
"MyEclipse has significantly changed our workflow, allowing us to easily code, deploy, test and debug in a cycle that went from minutes to seconds."
- Wayne Townsend-Merino, San Diego Supercomputer Center
2007 and Beyond
Fast-forwarding to the present in early 2007, Genuitec's R&D labs recently developed a new Fusion Technology suite to take the principle of integration a step further by allowing universal tool compatibility. With the new SNAPs (Simple Non-integrated APplications) as an outcropping of this technology, MyEclipse users are now offered more choices than ever; they can choose to "integrate" disparate workplaces or "dis-integrate" by selecting a single tool for a one-off, task-based development project. Many more time-saving and barrier-busting tools will be made available to MyEclipse customers in 2007!
2007 Began With a Bang!
The ball started rolling quickly in the new year with the release of MyEclipse 5.5 M1 and Fusion Technology, including the SNAPs. As 2007 progresses, MyEclipse users will find a lot more to get excited about, including:
- Simplifying the interface for creating and managing projects. This will involve a new dialog-based console for management
- Reducing the footprint of MyEclipse by allowing for on-demand download of features
- Commitment to stay current with emerging technologies and open standards
- Supplementing MyEclipse with the availability of third-party, MyEclipse-ready solutions that will be available both from the MyEclipse website and within the IDE
- Building extensions to bridge the gap between MyEclipse tools and other IDEs
- More usability features for first-time IDE users
- Expanding the out-of-the-box experience by including a full developer toolkit, including database application and web server integration in the MyEclipse distribution
- Internationalized versions of our toolkit
- A newly-designed Web site (http://www.myeclipseide.com) interface
Genuitec invites all conference attendees to not only visit the Genuitec/MyEclipse booth # 304 in the exhibit hall, but also to attend the hosted Vendor Reception with Hitachi and XFire the evening of Tuesday, March 6th (7:30pm, Room 201). Please relax and enjoy free drinks, dessert, and a candid time with our partners.
2007 is truly shaping up to be the most exciting year yet for MyEclipse users! To keep up with Genuitec's product releases and other new and noteworthy events, please bookmark http://www.myeclipseide.com
Pricing & Availability
The most recent version of MyEclipse, MyEclipse 5.5M1 Enterprise Workbench with SNAPs Fusion Technology, is available immediately via download. The Standard Edition annual subscription is priced at $29.95 USD and the Professional Edition annual subscription is priced at $49.95 USD. All subscriptions include unlimited access to Genuitec's world-class, direct-response online support.
Genuitec, LLC, is an Eclipse-based company offering innovative Java and J2EE development tools. Genuitec offers training and expert consulting and development services for the Eclipse SDK and Rich Client Platforms. An original sponsor of Eclipse Plug-in Central, Genuitec joined the Eclipse Foundation early in 2003 and currently has an employee serving as an elected member of the board of directors, actively participating in the strategy development and direction of the organization. Genuitec LLC was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas.
Genuitec and MyEclipse are trademarks of Genuitec, LLC. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be treated as such. JRE, Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
North American Sales Contact: Genuitec, LLC, 2221 Justin Rd, #119-340, Flower Mound, TX 75028;
Tel: 888-267-4176 X 704, Fax: 214-853-4284, Website: http://www.genuitec.com
# # #