Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) February 17, 2007
Ready-Set-Go Fantasy Sports, LLC (RSGFS) recently completed a cash purchase of http://www.fantasylineups.com, continuing a trend of consolidation in the rapidly growing fantasy sports industry, the company announced this week. RSGFS, which owns and operates http://www.fantasyfootballstarters.com and http://www.fantasybaseballstarters.com, has solidified its position as a market leader in predictive fantasy sports analysis with the recent acquisition, according to RSGFS CEO, Jeff Coruccini.
"FantasyLineups.com is a mature domain with a five-year track record of delivering fantasy football software to consumers," said Coruccini. "We are very excited about integrating the site into our family of Web properties and introducing FantasyLineups.com customers to our Power Analyzer suite of software tools, which provide proven, winning fantasy football advice."
The Power Analyzer tools are based on a patent-pending predictive algorithm to provide customized fantasy football analysis, including:
- Line-up Analyzer: Using real-time player updates, predicts fantasy football player & team performance expectations, personalized to each user's roster and league scoring system.
- Trade Analyzer: Estimates the impact a trade will have on a fantasy football roster, by position, and how it will influence every week remaining in the season.
- Draft Analyzer: Tells users which players to draft by incorporating real-time player updates, status factors and customized scoring requirements.
- Team Analyzer: Allows users to enter their fantasy roster, and their opponent's roster, then predicts the total fantasy points for both starting line-ups, broken out by position.
- Wireless Starter Alerts: Industry's first "Starter Alert" mobile wireless notification that reminds fans to set their rosters, complete with the latest starter recommendations.
"Creating and maintaining FantasyLineups.com has been a labor of love and a lot of fun," said Jerry Walters, the site's founder. "I'm confident that current FantasyLineups.com members will be getting a tremendous opportunity to test-drive RSGFS products, and I'm glad my customers will be in good hands."
RSGFS' acquisition follows several recent mergers and acquisitions in fantasy sports, including the January sale of Phoenix-based Head2Head Sports to New York-based Sports Enthusiast Media, LLC. According to the Fantasy Sports Trade Association (FSTA), fantasy games attract over 18 million players a year and have an economic impact of nearly $2 billion.
Football is the top fantasy sport in the nation, with an estimated 10 million U.S. players; baseball is the second most popular fantasy sport, with an estimated 3 million players. The average fantasy sports player spends $150 annually to participate, according to FSTA-sponsored research.
"Consolidation in this industry is inevitable when you consider the fantastic growth occurring in fantasy sports," said Coruccini, an FSTA board member. "Much of the growth is being driven by a surge in online advertising, as brand marketers embrace fantasy sports as a powerful marketing platform."
Ready-Set-Go Fantasy Sports is a new media content provider based in Phoenix, Arizona. Founded in 2004, RSGFS created Fantasy Football Starters.com, the No. 1 source for personalized, expert fantasy football analysis. RSGFS also delivers fantasy content via licensing agreements with its business-to-business partners, including NFL PLAYERS INC., Sprint/Nextel and others. For more information about Ready-Set-Go Fantasy Sports, visit http://www.rsgfs.com or contact Brady Chatfield at 602-463-0129.
# # #