Potomac, MD (PRWEB) March 1, 2007
BuildTopia, Inc., the most widely used Web-based residential construction management software provider, today announced the launch of its new software release, BTBuilder v5.6. The updated functionality featured in this release highlights BuildTopia's comprehensive cost-control methodology.
BuildTopia's mission with BTBuilder v5.6 is to:
- Roll out a superior project lifecycle cost management methodology
- Deliver a comprehensive purchasing system that supports a multitude of builder procurement processes
- Strengthen the integration of scheduling to the purchase order generation and approval process
- Streamline the bidding and purchasing process with enhanced document management and companywide contracts
- Simplify the data maintenance of plan management, budgets, and costs
These improvements strengthen BuildTopia's focus on project lifecycle cost control, online trade partner collaboration, the seamless integration of project management, and purchasing and sales.
Much more sophisticated in v5.6, the budgeting functionality ensures accurate pricing and margins, thereby providing improved predictability of profits and margins before, during and after completion of a project. At any time in a project's lifecycle, users can compare budgets and project costs in easy-to-access screens and real-time reports:
•Project Feasibility. BTBuilder v5.6 allows users to access current cost data to make cost assumptions and accurate forecasts.
- Pre-Construction. During the bidding and contracting stage, builders can receive bids online from multiple trade partners, compare bids side-by-side, and compare bid costs to budgets. This provides a level of cost control and variance analysis before the first home is started.
- During Construction. While construction is in progress, BTBuilder's standard job cost reports allow builders to see committed costs and projected costs to complete based on the most current information. At any time during construction, the builder has a view of the financial performance of an entire project and can compare it to original assumptions/budgets.
- Post-Construction. In addition to profitability reporting, builders have advanced tools to manage and measure actual construction variances on specific units or across an entire building or project.
Also new in v5.6, the enhanced scheduling functionality better drives the payment approval process with a tighter integration between purchasing and scheduling. Similarly revamped for ease-of-use is the Document Management functionality, which in v5.6 features full-document versioning and enhanced online collaboration tools.
BTBuilder v5.6 is available for immediate use to BuildTopia customers. These comprehensive enhancements ensure that builders and developers can better manage profitability before, during and after construction.
About BuildTopia, Inc.
BuildTopia is the fastest growing provider of Web-based construction management solutions for volume homebuilders. They have over 5,200 registered users throughout the U.S. and Canada who actively use the software to manage operations, control costs, boost bottom-line profits and build customer relationships. BuildTopia also offers the most comprehensive set of tools in the industry for sales and marketing, warranty and service, accounting interface, and wireless handheld access. Founded in 1999 and based in Potomac, MD, the company seeks to be a provider of technology and solutions for their more than 2,200 customers. For more information about BuildTopia, visit the company's web site at http://www.buildtopia.com or call 866.209.3724.