New York, NY (PRWEB) March 2, 2007
Leading psychoanalysis experts will participate in a panel discussion on "Psychoanalysis - From Vienna to New York" to be held at the Austrian Cultural Forum, New York, NY, on Wednesday, March 7, 2007. The event is being presented in conjunction with The City of Vienna, Austria, The Sigmund Freud Foundation and The Austrian Cultural Forum. Opening remarks will be presented by Ms. Renate Brauner, M.B.A., Deputy Mayor and Deputy Governor of the City of Vienna, Executive City Councillor for Finances, Economic Affairs and Public Enterprises.
The discussion panel will feature leading authorities in the field of psychoanalysis and will focus on the latest work being conducted and published by members of the global psychoanalytic community as well as on the activities of prestigious institutions from New York and Vienna. Moderator of the event is the renowned author Frederic Morton.
The panel discussion is open to psychoanalysis professionals, colleagues and research staff. Media is welcome to attend. Reservations are required at 212-319-5300/ext.222.
Participants of the panel include:
- Lewis Aron, Ph.D., Director of the New York University, Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
- Mary Beth M. Cresci, Ph.D., ABPP, Director of the Postgraduate Programs in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy at the Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies of Adelphi University
- Otto F. Kernberg, M.D. F.A.P.A., Clinical Director of the Borderline Personality Disorder Resource Center at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Westchester Division
- Andrea Bronner, M.D., Doctor of Psychiatry and Neurology, Psychoanalyst (WPV/IPA), Board Member of the Viennese Psychoanalytic Society
- Rudolf Dirisamer, Ph.D., Board Member of the Sigmund Freud Foundation
- Martin Engelberg, M.B.A., Psychoanalyst (WPV/IPA), Business Economist, Member of the Board of the Viennese Psychoanalytic Society and CEO of the Viennese Psychoanalytic Academy
The event will take place at the Austrian Cultural Forum, 11 East 52nd Street, New York, NY, Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., http://www.acfny.org.
Press Release Contact Information: