Denver, CO (PRWEB) March 2, 2007
Lightning Labels, one of the label industry\'s digital label printing pioneers, announced today the introduction of their Lightning Fast Digital Label Printing System%u2122. This system is a 10-point process based on the very latest in digital label printing technology, and it provides label customers with one of the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
The Lightning Fast Digital Label Printing System%u2122 uses digital technology at every step of the label ordering process. Here is a description of the 10-point system:
1. Customer obtains label quotation through the Lightning Labels Instant Online Quoter.
2. Artwork is submitted via email, FTP or through the Instant Online Quoter.
3. Order is entered into the LLSystem, Lightning Labels proprietary job tracking software.
4. Artwork is run through pre-flighting where all art components are checked.
5. An electronic proof or high resolution press proof is produced and sent to the customer.
6. Upon proof approval, a press-ready graphic file is created and sent to one of the digital label presses.
7. Labels are printed on one of the high resolution HP-Indigo digital label presses - the WS4500 or WS2000.
8. Label job is loaded into the die-cutting press and the labels are cut to shape.
9. Labels are digitally counted and inspected in the rewind department.
10. Labels are packed and entered into the UPS System and the customer is automatically emailed the tracking number.
Steve Smith, president of Lightning Labels, said the implementation of the Lightning Fast Digital Label Printing System%u2122 will mean even faster turnaround for their customers. \"Now with this 10 point system we can ship 99% of customer orders in just 3 days - one of the fastest standard turnaround times in the industry - and we never charge rush fees. The whole system is based on speed and quality,\" said Smith. \"We have invested a great deal of time and money into creating this system, but at its core it is all about a more efficient buying experience for our customers.\"
Lightning Labels prints custom labels for a broad range of industries. Wine labels, candle labels, lip balm labels, water bottle labels - these are printed on a daily basis at Lightning Labels. With sales increasing at more than 50% a year for the last 5 years and 2007 sales projected to be $3.5 million, Lightning Labels now has one of the largest digital label printing operations in the country.