continues to work with the local authorities around the airport to encourage the prompt closure of any unauthorised car parks.
(PRWEB) March 2, 2007
SimplyParking.co.uk, the leading online airport parking comparison site, urges caution when looking for cheap parking and offers advice on how to avoid potential parking scams.
With recent news coverage of the unlicensed Gatwick airport parking operator 'Pink Meet and Greet Parking', it's not hard to understand why people may be cautious when looking to book airport parking.
In response to the issues raised by the press and the BBC's Watchdog program, Gatwick Airport Ltd confirmed in a statement, that although they were aware of a number of unlicensed operators which used its forecourts to provide services, it "continues to work with the local authorities around the airport to encourage the prompt closure of any unauthorised car parks."
With the evident danger of unlicensed and uninsured airport car parking operators, the following tips offered by SimplyParking.co.uk aim to help travellers avoid the potential pitfalls:
1. Choosing an 'on-airport' car park can be a safeguard as the majority are owned or endorsed by the airport authority.
2. Avoid sites that don't provide upfront terms or details of their location, operation and ownership, including after sales service and insurance.
3. Avoid car parks that insist on a cash payment on arrival.
4. Check if the car park has a security award, such as the Safer Parking Scheme initiated by the British Parking association.
5. Avoid a last minute rush, research a car park properly and book in advance with a recognised and established service.
6. Check for legitimate customer reviews, the more the better.
7. Make sure any online booking service is secure, as indicated by the browser padlock icon.
8. Check to see if the car park is offered from a main car parking provider or online service such as Simply Parking, BAA, Holiday Extras, FHR, BCP, APH or NCP.
Covering 23 UK Airports including Gatwick, SimplyParking.co.uk provides instant access to information at over 120 airport car parks operated by officially recognised airport parking companies.
Users can easily view and compare in-depth car parking information alongside thousands of unbiased customer reviews before making a secure online booking.
Tim Hagger, managing director of Simply Extras adds "The airport car parking reviews on SimplyParking.co.uk not only give a valuable insight for our customers but also provide us with vital feedback to gauge each and every car park's performance and maintain the best possible service."
"In point, this is demonstrated with the excellent service provided by Gatwick's Cophall Farm Parking, or the meet and greet parking offered by Maple Manor parking."
Equipped with information contained in these reviews and the knowledge that the car parks on offer from Simply Parking provide a fully licensed, insured and officially recognised service, travellers can be assured that their vehicles will be treated with the utmost care and respect while they are away.