Flower Mound, TX (PRWEB) March 5, 2007
Genuitec, LLC, the leading provider of the popular MyEclipse integrated development environment (IDE) and a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation, today announced the upcoming GA release of MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.5. An expansion of Genuitec's Fusion™ Technology platform, the release introduces significant developer upgrades for MyEclipse, including an enhanced "MyEclipse Experience."
The full "MyEclipse Experience" allows developers to increase productivity, utilize tool portability, and enjoy a full out-of-box solution - all while maintaining developer control over the environment's setup. With the recently-introduced MyEclipse SNAPs (Simple Non-integrated APplications), users are able to access their favorite tools, anytime, anywhere without environment or lock-in restrictions. New for MyEclipse 5.5, Java EE 5 support simplifies and enhances EJB 3 and JSF development for enhanced user productivity. And, with 5.5's new database and application server integration, developers won't need to search for the external tools and tutorials that they need to accomplish their larger tasks.
"We know that developers need more than an IDE to get the job done right," said Wayne Parrott, vice president of product development for Genuitec. "Users were still forced to go find application servers and database solutions, and spend their time in setup and debugging tasks. Now, with our enhanced "MyEclipse Experience," we're proud to ship the ready-to-run full developer's solution in MyEclipse 5.5. This release addresses these technological needs along with customizable how-to applications to be sure users can get up and running immediately out of the box while still retaining full control over their environment."
Also notable in the upcoming 5.5 release is the MyEclipse Expansion Pack, which consists of ten of the most popular add-on tools for Java developers. These tools have been tested and endorsed by the MyEclipse R&D labs, and will provide developers with additional tools options, including code quality, life-cycle management, reporting and performance analysis tools among others.
"MyEclipse 5.5 is all about giving developers options and the ability to take advantage of those options as quickly as possible," said Maher Masri, CEO of Genuitec. "No more hunting for external tools and wondering if they'll be compatible or wasting time configuring. MyEclipse 5.5 provides quick and easy solutions, and gives developers the knowhow to get moving immediately."
In addition to the MyEclipse Experience and Expansion Pack, MyEclipse 5.5 combines several other new features with its existing comprehensive tool set that encompasses the Java application development life cycle from heavyweight J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition) development to lighter-weight, Java-based alternative frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring.
MyEclipse 5.5 Enterprise Workbench incorporates the following new capabilities and enhancements:
- Hibernate/Spring Integration--Integrated the latest version of Hibernate tools to support advanced ORM reverse-engineering strategies including omit table columns, naming strategies, and retained Velocity templates. Improved HQL Editor. Upgraded to support Spring IDE 2.0.
- UML--Sequence diagram improved roles w/ DnD from UCs and CDs. Copy/Cut/Paste of classes, interfaces, attributes and methods.
- Web Services--Upgraded to Xfire 1.2.4. Exposed WTP WSDL Basic Profile validation. Improved top-down and bottom-up generation wizards. Improved error reporting of Jaxb code generation errors.
- Database Explorer--Extended support for MySQL advanced features such as triggers, procedures and administrative operations. Available as a SNAP for Windows.
- Visual Web Designer--New UI split-page layout with 2 user pages: Design/Source and Preview. Supported on both Windows and Linux. Available as a SNAP for Windows.
- Matisse4MyEclipse-- Supports custom user forms, custom controls and improved usability.
- Image Editor--Image Preview and ScreenCapture. Preview now shows size properties and Screencapture actions on the toolbar and also available from the menubar. Available as a SNAP for Windows.
- XML/XSL/Catalog--Additional relative URI support for System entities in catalog. Graph mode support on startup is now fixed. Available as a SNAP for Windows.
Reduced Download Size - All-in-One Installer now uses 50% less file space.
The MyEclipse platform is rapidly becoming the default toolkit for developers seeking to create sophisticated RCP, Java and J2EE applications. By the end of 2007, Genuitec estimates that between eight hundred thousand and one million users will be consumers of MyEclipse technologies.
The MyEclipse 5.5GA is slated for April.
Pricing & Availability
MyEclipse 5.5 Enterprise Workbench with SNAPs is in Milestone status and is available immediately via download. The Standard Edition annual subscription is priced at $29.95 USD and the Professional Edition annual subscription is priced at $49.95 USD. All subscriptions include unlimited access to Genuitec's world-class, direct-response online support. The MyEclipse 5.5 GA is expected in April.
Genuitec, LLC, is an Eclipse-based company offering innovative Java and J2EE development tools. Genuitec offers training and expert consulting and development services for the Eclipse SDK and Rich Client Platforms. An original sponsor of Eclipse Plug-in Central, Genuitec joined the Eclipse Foundation early in 2003 and currently has an employee serving as an elected member of the board of directors, actively participating in the strategy development and direction of the organization. Genuitec LLC was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas.
Genuitec and MyEclipse are trademarks of Genuitec, LLC. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be treated as such. JRE, Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
North American Sales Contact: Genuitec, LLC, 2221 Justin Rd, #119-340, Flower Mound, TX 75028;
Tel: 888-267-4176 X 704, Fax: 214-853-4284, Website: http://www.genuitec.com.