Billings, MT (PRWEB) March 10, 2007
Austin-Lehman Adventures (ALA) specializing in vacations to delight body, mind and soul have four palate teasers for 2007. Their holistic itineraries include luxury wine country adventures to southeastern Arizona, northern California and British Columbia.
All feature private afternoon vineyard and winery tours culminating with product sampling after mornings of such terrain-dictated activities as hiking, biking and paddling. Accommodations are in distinctive, locally run properties whose charm and history complete the vacation experience.
"We want to challenge our guests with a variety of healthy, active pursuits, then stimulate through interaction with local experts, artists, naturalists, chefs and vintners," explains ALA co-founder Paul Lehman. "We then pamper body and soul with fabulous one-of-a-kind lodgings, superb regional meals and access to world-class spas."
As Lehman sums it up, "You come away well-exercised, rejuvenated, enlightened and with a deeper appreciation of our off-the-tourist-track destinations."
Following are ALA's 2007 wine country adventures:
British Columbia - Okanagan Wine Country. National Geographic Adventure Magazine calls this new-for-2007 5-night/6-day adventure July 8-13, Aug. 5-10 and Sept. 23-28 one of "The World's 25 Best New Trips" for 2007. The nearly all inclusive, per person, double occupancy rate, exclusive of roundtrip air to Kelowna, BC, is $2,698 ($575 single supplement). Visits include:
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery -- Canada's largest Certified Organic Vineyard. Wines are aged in an Egyptian Pyramid replica where it's believed the unique energetic effect of the pyramid produces a product that is smoother and more aromatic. Sixty-five acres of organically grown grape varieties include Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Gewurztraminer, Ehrenfelser and Pinot Meunier which flourish here in the world's northernmost desert viticulture region.
- NK'Mip Cellars -- This is North America's first aboriginal owned and operated winery on a bench overlooking the shores of Osoyoos Lake. Newly planted vineyards and orchards contrast with an adjacent tract of natural desert.
- Mission Hill -- Family-owned, this is British Columbia's most awarded winery, since 1981 producing distinctive, internationally acclaimed wines including Chardonnay, Riesling Icewine, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Pinot Grigio and Merlot.
For more details follow this link: http://www.austinlehman.com/ALmain.php?Option=Detail&TripID=97
British Columbia - Vancouver Island Adventure. This active 5-night/6-day itinerary explores the Pacific coast north to Tofino. Trip dates are June 24-29, July 1-6 and Aug. 19-24 (this last is also a family-friendly trip for ages 7-15). The nearly all inclusive, per person, double occupancy rate, exclusive of roundtrip air to Victoria, BC, is $2,498 ($630 single supplement and from $1,998 for children on the August trip). Trip highlights include:
- A leisurely cycle through the heart of Vancouver Island's lush farmlands and wine country to the Zanatta Winery and Vineyards. An alfresco lunch at Vinotecca precedes a wine tasting in the beautifully restored farmhouse.
- Biking to Godfrey-Brownell for a vineyard tour and local wine and cheese tasting.
- Sampling award-winning cool-climate wines at Blue Grouse Vineyards.
Old-growth rainforests, Pacific Rim National Park and Victoria's Butchart Gardens vie for attention too, as do black bear viewing and sea kayaking off Tofino.
For more details follow this link: http://www.austinlehman.com/ALmain.php?Option=Detail&TripID=46
California - Redwoods to Wineries Adventure. New for 2007 is this 5-night/6-day trip scheduled Sept. 16-21 and 23-28. The nearly all inclusive, per person double occupancy rate, exclusive of roundtrip air to San Francisco, is $2,498 ($700 single supplement). Guests will
- Hike in Sonoma Valley through the historic Jack London State Park past old vineyards and the homestead of Jack London.
- Bike along the Silverado Trail, stopping at various small wineries for tours and tasting.
- Snuggle into the Vineyard Country Inn in Napa Valley, nestled near one of many vineyards in St Helena.
- Tour the Beringer winery with private tasting session.
- Explore underground aging caves at Rutherford Hill Winery and try a hand at mixing an award-winning Merlot.
For more details follow this link: http://www.austinlehman.com/ALmain.php?Option=Detail&TripID=104
Arizona - Tucson to Tombstone Adventure. New for 2007 is a 5 night /6 day trip scheduled April 8-13, May 13-18, Sept. 23-28 and Sept. 30-Oct. 5. The nearly all inclusive, per person, double occupancy rate, exclusive of round trip air to Tucson, is $2,498 ($525 single supplement). The April trip will also accommodate children ages 7 to 15 at a rate of $2,248. Guests will
- Enhance culinary and wine pairing skills at the brand new Tubac Culinary School.
- Bike the Sonoita region over smooth, rolling, country roads in a scenic atmosphere of expansive vineyards that remind you of the Napa Valley.
- Enjoy a wine tour and private tasting session then relax with lunch on the patio of award-winning Sonoita Vineyards. NOTE: Their 1986 Cabernet Sauvignon was selected to be served at the 1989 Presidential Inauguration Food and Wine Gala for President George W. Bush. Medal Winner, InterVin International Wine Competition -- 1990.
For more details follow this link: http://www.austinlehman.com/ALmain.php?Option=Detail&TripID=101
For a copy of the 2007 catalog as well as information on ALA's 32 unique luxury, multisport, adult and family active adventure travel itineraries please call toll-free 1.800.575.1540, or e-mail. To review current trips, schedules and itineraries you can log onto http://www.austinlehman.com.
Austin-Lehman Adventures specializes in upscale multi-sport adventures to iconic destinations throughout the Americas. Most of their small group vacations are six days and five nights in duration, and combine such guided outdoor activities as hiking, biking, rafting, canoeing and horseback riding with nights spent at a series of distinctive inns and lodges. Lunch is usually served gourmet picnic-style along the trail, and breakfast and dinner take place in a given region's finest cafés and restaurants. Prior experience is not a prerequisite and adventures cater to a wide range of abilities. On adult adventures participants need to be 16 years old or above. Expressly designed family adventures are suitable for children as young as seven (7) years of age (5 years of age on their Costa Rica Family Adventure).
ALA is also a founding member of a new travel consortium, Trusted Adventures (http://www.trustedadventures.com), which mixes and matches its clients to adventures in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. The alliance offers 250 unique trips to over 70 destinations worldwide.
Press Contact: Sara Widness
Widness Public Relations
802 234 6704