Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 11, 2007
Los Angeles radio personality will spearheads fourth annual "Be Good To Women Day" on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 -- A National Day of Prayer.
"Degrading and devaluing women leads to abandonment, exploitation, abuse and violence," says Brad Sanders, host of the nationally syndicated radio show On the Phone with Ti-Rone. "Being kind and loving to women is more than a temporary "feel good" moment. It's about men holding themselves to a higher standard and changing the way we think of women. Men must change the paradigm to improve the quality of life for all people."
Sanders, along with other leaders from religious, community and national organizations are committed to a national movement to honor, respect and support women. He is spearheading, and calling upon everyone nationwide to participate in the fourth annual Be Good To Women Day Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - a national day of prayer for women.
- Approximately 95% of the victims of domestic violence are women.1
- Every 9 seconds in the United States a woman is assaulted and beaten.
- 4,000,000 women each year are assaulted by their partners.
- In the U.S., a woman is more likely to be assaulted, injured, raped, or killed by a male partner than by any other type of assailant.
- Everyday, four women are murdered by boyfriends or husbands.
- Domestic violence is the number one cause of emergency room visits by women.
- 73% of the battered women seeking emergency medical services have already separated from the abuser.
- The number of single mothers increased from 3 million to 10 million between 1970 and 2000.2
- 75% of children/adolescents in chemical dependency hospitals are from single-parent families.3
- 63% of suicides are from individuals from single parent families.4
Sanders points to these and many other dismal statistics to illustrate why women need and deserve consideration, respect, and prayers. He encourages people across the country to pray, meditate and hold discussions and vigils on Be Good To Women Day.
Be Good To Women Day will be commemorated by a national day of prayer for women and HIV testing for Los Angeles-area men provided by AIDS Health Care Foundation. The goal is for people all over America to dedicate part of the day to pray for women. Movement supporters encourage everyone -- men in particular -- to focus on the women in their lives in a loving and nurturing way on this special day.
Among the Be Good To Women Day committed supporters are: Nubian Psychological Group, Jan-na Borders, U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services, Marriage Education Institute, Center for Community Excellence, Social Justice, Wedded Bliss Foundation, and numerous notable business, ministerial, community and national leaders.
In Los Angeles:
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Bryant Temple A.M.E. Church
2525 West Vernon Ave., Los Angeles
HIV Testing 2:00-7:00 pm | Prayer Vigil 7:00 pm
"If my people who are called by My name shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal the land." 2 Chronicles 7:14.
1 Department of Justice
2 U.S. Census, 2000
3 Center for Disease Control
4 FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin