SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (PRWEB) March 13, 2007
MothersClick.com (http://www.mothersclick.com), the first social networking site to offer online services exclusively for real-life groups for new and expecting mothers, announced today that it has formed its inaugural board of advisors. The board will reinforce MothersClick's mission to promote global knowledge-sharing, group-building, and social networking among moms and mothers' groups.
"We are honored to have this amazing group as our board of advisors," said Andra Davidson, president and co-founder of MothersClick. "Their collective experience and expertise in a wide variety of areas, from women's health and parenting information to marketing and technology, will allow the board to help MothersClick thrive and support our goal of becoming the online resource for moms."
MothersClick's board of advisors includes:
- Sue Sherman was most recently CEO of Strollerfit, a premiere mom and baby fitness franchise with more than 250 class locations nationwide and ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine's Franchise 500®. Sue has also worked as an independent consultant specializing in new business development strategies and operations and has extensive experience in marketing communications.
- Ann Douglas is the author of 28 books, including numerous bestselling books in the pregnancy and parenting category. She is the creator of THE MOTHER OF ALL® books series. The series' lead title--The Mother of All Pregnancy Books--has been a consistent top-ten pregnancy books bestseller at Amazon.com since the book was published in 2002. Ann has been featured in Parents, Parenting, Working Mother, Good Housekeeping, The New York Times, and many others. She has written online pregnancy courses for Netscape/AOL and the copy for mini-sites on behalf of such clients as Procter and Gamble, Kraft Foods, and Crayola.
- Liz Gumbinner is the co-founder and editor of CoolMomPicks.com, a popular website which reviews fun and unusual stuff for moms and has been recognized by Time, Cookie, and AOL's Blogging Baby. With a background in advertising, Liz is also a published author and a parenting blogger.
- Mindy Roberts is known as a key influence in the area of moms and the internet. A mommy blogger since 2002, Mindy's TheMommyBlog.com is an online diary which journeys the ups-and-downs of motherhood. She is also the author of the recently published Mommy Confidential: Adventures from the Wonderbelly of Motherhood.
- Julie Moos is the founder and editor of DotMoms (http://www.dot-moms.com), a prominent group blog written by mothers around the world. She works at The Poynter Institute, a school for journalists, as editor of Poynter Publications, responsible for book publishing and other printed materials.
- Beth Aldrich is founder and CEO of In Her Shoes, LLC and For Her Information Media (FHI), a creative media production company which publishes a quarterly magazine and produces regular television and radio programming for women. Beth also serves on the board for the Cool Globes Project, created to bring awareness about Global Warming to the community.
- Robyn O'Brien is the founder and president of AllergyKids, an organization designed to help protect and identify children with food allergies. She also designed the universal symbol for food allergies, which is used by schools and parents to make it easy to identify a child with life-threatening food allergies.
- Colleen Padilla is the founder of Classy Mommy, a Web site for moms featuring a variety of products while at the same time highlighting important social issues facing women and children in the U.S. and around the world. Classy Mommy helps those in need by donating 100 percent of dollars earned by shopping through the Classy Mommy affiliate shopping partners to charity.
- Jay C. MacDonald is partner, digital media and technology group, with New York's prestigious media banking firm, DeSilva & Phillips. Prior to joining DeSilva & Philips, he was founder, chairman and CEO of WorkingWomanNetwork, Inc., the publishers of Working Woman and Working Mother magazines.
- Theodore J. Serbinski, USN (retired) currently works for the United States Navy Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense. With over 25 years with the Navy, Ted has served onboard a nuclear ballistic missile submarine working on computer systems and led R&D efforts for new technologies.
Inspired and co-founded by first-time mom, Andra Davidson, MothersClick™ is a dynamic and interactive community designed exclusively for busy moms and mothers' groups. The site introduced the world's first geo-mapping system for mothers' groups which helps new and expecting moms to locate existing groups in their local areas and globally. MothersClick provides the tools and services for organizing and managing group communications, events and activities, such as playgroups and co-ops, and it helps maximize the value of moms' time spent online by sharing knowledge - asking questions and finding answers to the experiences of motherhood and parenting. MothersClick is creating the greatest online resource for collective mommy wisdom™
The company is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit http://www.mothersclick.com or email info-at-mothersclick.com. If you're a parenting author and interested in sharing your story with the growing mommy community online, please contact us.