This TargetTools update adds advanced kernel awareness support to our integrated toolset
Past News ReleasesRSS
San Jose, Calif. (PRWEB) March 14, 2007
Blunk Microsystems (http://www.BlunkMicro.com), a leader in embedded tools and device software, today announced the next major release of TargetTools for Freescale's ColdFire® microcontrollers (MCUs). With the new version of TargetTools, developers will be able to more quickly and easily develop embedded applications and devices. Blunk Microsystems' development suite and components for ColdFire MCUs allow developers to focus on building high performance, high-value applications and systems, accelerate time-to-market, and avoid spending needless time on complex tools and component integration.
"This TargetTools update adds advanced kernel awareness support to our integrated toolset," said Tim Stoutamore, President of Blunk Microsystems. "TargetTools combines the strength of the GNU compile tools with an intuitive GUI Windows IDE. Its turnkey environment includes support for the full line of ColdFire microcontrollers and the choice of either BDM or fast Ethernet debug connections."
"We welcome Blunk Microsystems' continued, consistent investment in our ColdFire microcontroller portfolio," said Jeff Bock, global product marketing manager for Freescale's Consumer and Industrial Microcontroller Operation. "Blunk Microsystems developer tool suite and comprehensive software solutions supporting the entire ColdFire product line will help enable Freescale's new and existing ColdFire customers achieve success with their designs."
New Enhancements and Upgraded Components:
- Three forms of kernel awareness. Kernel object display shows task states, semaphore token counts, queue messages, etc. Source window scoping shows the current execution point of each task. Kernel event trace is a "software logic analyzer" view of context switches, interrupts and service calls versus time.
- Updated port of GCC ColdFire toolchain, including compiler, assembler, linker, and loader, runs as native Windows applications, providing fast compilation.
- Windows port of Insight/GDB debugger supports windows for stack trace, register, breakpoint, watch expressions, memory, local variables, tasks, and console.
- gBuild™ Project Manager. Provides graphical user interface. Automatically tracks file dependencies and modification dates, recompiling files as necessary during project builds.
- Lemmy™ - Full featured, easy to use Windows port of popular VI editor.
- His GrepShip™ - Windows utility for finding or replacing text in multiple files.
- BDM support. Windows application 'Talks' GDB's remote debug protocol and calls interface DLL for all P&E Microcomputer Systems interfaces: parallel port, USB, and high speed PCI.
- TargetMon™ - Advanced debug monitor communicates with GDB over TCP/IP. Provides extremely fast download times. Supports breakpoints in, and stepping through, interrupt service routines.
- Supports all members of the Freescale ColdFire family, from MCF52XX to high end MCF54XX parts. The compiler generates code for the v2, v3, v4, and v4e instruction sets.
TargetTools is an easy to use solution that does not suffer the IDE bloat impacting so many tools and the engineers who use them. TargetTools is developed and used by Blunk Microsystems' own embedded developers. Just the features needed by embedded developers are integrated and implemented in a most intuitive way.
Easy to Use and Install:
Delivered as a standard Windows installer, TargetTools installation is completely turnkey. A 'TargetTools' entry is added to the Windows 'Program' menu. Registry values are used to store configuration options. TargetTools is a completely integrated Windows GUI environment.
Embedded components from Blunk Microsystems:
TargetTools supports drop-in use of Blunk Microsystems' embedded systems components including:
- TargetOS - High performance, configurable real time operation system (RTOS)
- TargetFFS - Full-featured embedded flash file systems supporting NAND and NOR memory. Provides industry leading "Guaranteed Recovery On Unexpected Powerfail."
- TargetFAT - FAT32/DOS compatible file system for hard disks, CF/MMC/SD, and (with translation layers) NAND and NOR memory. Supports FAT12, FAT16, VFAT, and UTF-8.
- TargetTCP - High performance TCP/IP networking stack with BSD Sockets compatible API.
- TargetWeb - Embedded web server with CGI support via dynamic handlers.
Off-the-shelf board support packages for wide range of Freescale ColdFire reference/evaluation boards from Freescale, Phytec, Steroid Micro, LogicPD, and other board vendors are available.
Available now. To learn more, please visit: http://www.BlunkMicro.com/tools-cf.htm.
Pricing and Support
Includes technical support and updates during subscription period. Price is $995 USD per seat, per year.
About Blunk Microsystems
Blunk Microsystems has provided high-performance leading edge embedded systems software since 1995. Blunk Microsystems' embedded products are implemented in tight, non-GPL code to be fast, small, reliable, and shippable, and include an RTOS, TCP/IP stack, file systems, embedded web server, board support packages, and integrated GNU-based development environment. Visit http://www.BlunkMicro.com for additional information or call (408) 323-1758.
6576 Leyland Park Dr
San Jose, CA 95120
T: (408) 323-1758
F: (408) 323-1757
TargetOS, TargetTools, TargetFFS, TargetFAT, TargetFTL, TargetTCP, TargetWeb, gBuild, and the Blunk Microsystems logo are trademarks of Blunk Microsystems. Other marks used herein are the property of the respective owners.