Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) March 15, 2007
MediSend International, a global supplier of humanitarian medical aid, supplies, equipment and educational services, announces an upgrade of its award winning warehouse management software. The Warehouse SCM is a secure, web-based perpetual inventory and supply chain management solution, designed especially for MediSend's unique inventory, shipping and fulfillment processes. The application is a cross-functional approach to managing the movement of raw materials into MediSend, and the movement of finished goods out of the organization to the international aid recipient. New features include:
- Services-Oriented Architecture -- A new Services-Oriented Architecture allows MediSend to build new functionality for Warehouse SCM faster and cheaper with loosely coupled, platform independent components. They have also exposed core functionality as customer-facing web services, allowing Warehouse SCM to integrate tighter on both sides of the value chain with suppliers, third-party logistics and recipients.
- Agnostic Warehouse Management System - An item profile agnostic framework providing goods movement, storage and order processing functionality throughout the warehouse. The new framework reduces carrying costs, promotes FIFO selection and allows for multiple product types such as pre- configured, palletized and BOM.
- Wireless Functionality -- Vastly increased productivity with wireless handheld devices for batch picking, staging, loading and general goods movements. The new wireless functionality drastically reduces order costs, processing times and provides for greater control and accountability.
- Virtual Warehouses -- Support for virtual warehouses anywhere in the world. Quickly setup virtual warehouses to control, manage and process products and shipments at remote MediSend or partner locations. Virtual warehousing allows for the staging, distribution and processing of products and orders utilizing flexible, revolving locations.
- Biomedical Equipment Processing -- Complete module for the receipt, tracking and repair of biomedical equipment -- provides for the tracking of labor, parts, diagnostics and workflow of biomedical equipment.
"We've put quite a bit of hard work into the new release of this software," said Jeff Douglas, CIO of MediSend International. "The new SOA framework and web services will allow us to react quicker to customer needs with an associated lower TCO. We've also added some concrete functionality with the wireless handheld devices that has immediately provided a positive ROI."
"We are very excited about the possibilities that this new version affords us," said Nick Hallack, CEO of MediSend International. "The development team has delivered a product that will allow us to provide medical relief quicker, more efficiently and at a lower cost. This provides a significant impact to not only our recipients, but also to our suppliers and sponsors as well."
MediSend was a recipient of the 2006 CIO Award for excellence in achievement in IT.
About Medisend International:
MediSend International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, humanitarian organization that provides medical aid and education to people in need in developing countries worldwide. MediSend's global mission includes the distribution of medical supplies and equipment in long-term medical aid programs, disaster-emergency medical relief campaigns, and educational programs in Biomedical Equipment Repair and Healthcare Management. MediSend International has distributed more than 590 shipments of medical supplies and equipment, valued at over $72 million dollars to needy communities in 93 developing countries.