Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) March 16, 2007
With the cost of labor totaling more than half of a distribution center costs, H. B. Maynard and Company, Inc. (Maynard®) has introduced Engineered Standards for Distribution, a packaged solution for developing engineered standards for distribution centers (DC).
Engineered Standards for Distribution will assist companies with budgeting, managing labor costs, scheduling and planning labor initiatives, performance and productivity.
"Labor costs in distribution centers are increasing with changes in services such as smaller, more frequent orders and more value-added services," said Edward J. Gill, Maynard Executive Vice President. "Maynard's Engineered Standards for Distribution packaged solution meets the needs of operations personnel with well-documented, credible and accurate standards that are designed to feed labor management systems."
"Organizations using a labor management system can expect a seamless integration between the standards and workforce planning and scheduling systems."
Leading edge, comprehensive packaged solutions
Gill said that today's competitive landscape requires new thinking, disciplines and technologies for managing a distribution center. Maynard recognizes that clients often view the prospect of labor standards development as a long and arduous task. According to Gill, it typically is the result of a project that has quickly become bogged down in cumbersome details and minutia.
"Maynard has built a reputation for successfully overcoming these challenges by developing databases that provide all of the desired detail and accuracy," he said. "But, they are relatively simple to maintain over time, thereby making great strides in the reduction of standards time development."
Maynard's Engineered Standards for Distribution packaged solution includes the following components:
- Engineered standards developed and validated for one distribution center.
- Database with standards to cover DC typical operations.
- Horizontal and vertical travel speeds calculated for up to six different material handling equipment types.
- Two days of classroom training in the Maynard methodology to develop and maintain Engineered Standards for Distribution (this includes training in the StandardsPro® for Distribution software).
- MOST® Certification Program training for up to five people in our Pittsburgh Training Center.
- On-the-job training of the team on the project methodology.
- Templates for steering team meetings, project team meetings, newsletters and project specifics to communicate, maintain and expand the program.
- StandardsPro for Distribution software license.
- One year of StandardsPro for Distribution software support which includes data support for the DC typical database and a standards audit.
About H. B. Maynard and Company, Inc.
H. B. Maynard and Company, Inc. (Maynard®) helps companies improve workforce performance by providing tools, training, and expertise in labor management, best methods, workplace organization, labor standards and staffing. Results focus on reducing labor costs while meeting customer service objectives. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Maynard has been helping leading manufacturers, grocery retailers and apparel retailers improve their productivity, quality and culture for over 72 years. The company has developed the Maynard Workforce Performance Model™, a multi-disciplined strategy, to assist companies including American Eagle Outfitters, Nike, Old Navy, Publix, Limited Brands, Gap, Giant Eagle, Rite Aid, Wegman's, Toys R Us, CVS, SUPERVALU, Ashworth, Goodyear, Matthews International, Toyo Tires, 7-Eleven and T J Maxx with improving the productivity, quality and culture of their organizations The workforce performance model includes disciplines such as: 5-S; Work Flow Design; Setup Reduction; Best Methods; Engineered Standards; and Performance Management. A complete array of published materials, training courses and software products support each discipline.
# # #