New York (PRWEB) March 17, 2007
RFID Journal, the world's leading media and events company covering radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, announced today that it will introduce RFIDconnect (http://www.rfidconnect.com), an online networking tool, at RFID Journal LIVE! 2007, April 30-May 2, 2007, at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida.
RFID Journal LIVE! draws more than 3,000 leaders from around the world to discuss and show the latest in RFID applications, track and trace, asset tracking and anti-counterfeiting solutions. RFIDconnect, powered by EventMingle, enables attendees to find the exhibitors offering the products that interest them most, as well as to arrange meetings with speakers and other thought leaders attending the event.
For RFID Journal LIVE! 2007, EventMingle has created a custom online community for their attendees, speakers, press, venture capitalists, sponsors and exhibitors. RFID Connect offers participants these features:
- Matching and Collaboration Tools: RFIDconnect will match attendees, speakers and exhibitors based on their personal profile and goals for the event. RFIDconnect promotes networking among all participants.
- Internal E-mail System: Attendees, speakers and exhibitors will use RFIDconnect's built-in e-mail system to communicate without revealing personal contact information.
- Advanced Search Features: Participants can search for people based on location, title and interests. Attendees also can meet other people who plan to attend a specific conference session. Exhibitors can connect with attendees interested in their specific products and services, find speakers who are covering their products and can also identify other Exhibitors who would make good business partners.
- Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory: Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current news releases and scheduled booth events. Exhibitors also can give attendees the ability to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
- Press Center: Attendees can use the RFIDconnect portal to view all recent news releases from exhibiting companies.
- Message Forums: The message forums allow people to share information on exhibitors, news releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
- The Daily Planner: Participants will create a detailed to-do list they can take with them to the event. RFIDconnect becomes attendees' personal assistant in helping them get organized for the event before arriving at the event.
"RFID Journal LIVE! is a unique event in that it attracts a wide range of thought leaders--within both the end user and vendor communities--who are spearheading RFID adoption across many industries," says Mark Roberti, founder and editor of RFID Journal. "We're thrilled to launch a new networking tool that will enable attendees, speakers and exhibitors to get more out of the event. I encourage all participants to make the most of RFIDconnect."
"It's exciting for us to be working with the foremost community on the cutting edge of the RFID evolution. This is truly a conference where networking and building strong business development partnerships is a key component of the event." says Jim Harrer, CEO of Specialty Match Network, Inc., which developed and markets EventMingle.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information about radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision-makers worldwide--in print, online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit http://www.rfidjournal.com.
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior to the event. EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Bend, Oregon. See http://www.EventMingle for more info. For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980.
# # #