New York, NY (PRWEB) March 16, 2007
Today Billboard -- the world's most trusted source of music, video and digital entertainment news, charts, reviews and analysis -- announced the programming for the Billboard Latin Music Conference, presented by Heineken and in association with Target and Dodge. This four-day event, taking place on April 23-26 at the InterContinental Miami, is the world's largest, longest-running and most prestigious gathering for top artists and executives from the Latin music community.
Attended by over 1000 key music industry leaders, sponsors and press, the Billboard Latin Music Conference will include live performances by over 20 artists, panel discussions on hot industry topics, and an exclusive interview with Colombian rock superstar Juanes conducted by Leila Cobo, Billboard's executive director of content and programming for Latin music and entertainment.
"Juanes has become one of the best-selling Spanish-language music artists, topping charts and selling out concerts worldwide," says Cobo. "His creativity, sound and unparalleled success are fueling the expanding Latin presence within the music industry, and offer a blueprint for the future of Latin music."
The Billboard Latin Music Conference will feature panel discussions addressing issues affecting the music industry such as new mobile and digital platforms, music in advertising and branding, teen preferences and buying power, and the state of rap, rhythm and reggaetón. During this exciting week, Billboard will also host the "We Hear the Future" competition, which offers new acts the opportunity to perform before a panel of industry experts. The winner of this competition will receive a feature in Billboard magazine and an appearance on Azteca America's "Billboard Latino" television show, among other prizes.
Program highlights include:
- Keynote Q&A with Juanes -- In this exclusive interview, rock superstar Juanes will speak about his latest album, the much-anticipated follow-up to his multi-platinum "Mi Sangre."
- Big Screen, Little Screen -- Music supervisors, agencies, editors and artists reveal the techniques behind getting their music on film, ads and television.
- Play My Tune---In a world of changing radio formats and multimedia, top programmers explain ways new artists can make it big on the radio airwaves.
- The Art of the Tour -- Managers, promoters, sponsors and venue specialists discuss the behind-the-scenes tour production.
- Teen Panel -- Latin teens discuss musical preferences, buying habits, and what makes a song 'hip' today.
- How I Wrote That Song-Top songwriters pick up their instruments and explain their creative vision and inspirational process.
- Rap, Rhythm & Reggaetón All-Star Panel -- This exclusive artist panel discusses the growing urban sound and influence of Latin music.
- Give Me The Cover -- What kind of press is your act getting? Marquee journalists, TV producers and publicists discuss what features get covered.
The Billboard Latin Conference ends in style with the Billboard Bash, the official pre-awards show party on April 25, followed by the prestigious Billboard Latin Music Awards on April 26, airing live at 8pm EST on Telemundo.
The Billboard Latin Music Conference is part of Billboard's long-standing editorial commitment to Latin music coverage. Billboard magazine publishes weekly charts and an expanded weekly Latin music section as well as special stand sections four times a year which provides even more in-depth coverage.
For additional information, please contact:
--Billboard Latin Music Conference: http://www.billboardevents.com, or Margaret O'Shea at 646.654.4698 or bbevents @billboard.com
--Registration and group discounts: Erin Parker at 646.654.4643 or eparker @billboard.com
--Sponsorship information: Karl Vontz at 415.738.0745 or sponsorships @billboard.com
--Billboard Latin Music Conference press credentials: Megan Levinson at 212.255.8455 or Megan @rosengrouppr.com
--Billboard Latin Music Award press credentials: Claudia Santa Cruz at 305.220.8887 or csc @santacruzpr.com . To register online, please visit http://www.telemundomv.com.
--Hotel information: InterContinental Miami at 305.577.1000
Now in its 112th year, Billboard is the world's premier weekly music publication and a diverse digital, events and brand, content and data licensing platform. Billboard publishes the most trusted charts and offers unrivaled reporting about the latest music, video, gaming, media, digital and mobile entertainment issues and trends. Billboard is the flagship property for the Billboard Information Group, which also consists of Billboard.biz, Billboard.com, Billboard Chart Alert, Billboard Information Network (BIN), Billboard Directories, Billboard Books, Billboard Licensing & Events and Radio & Records. Billboard's many strategic partners include Microsoft, Reuters, Sirius Satellite Radio, Telemundo, Univision Radio, ABC Radio Networks, Azteca America and Billboard sister companies Nielsen SoundScan and Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems. These partnerships leverage Billboard's proprietary data, charts and information resources to develop broadcast entertainment, digital and mobile platforms and contextual commerce applications that expand Billboard's franchise and consumer reach.
# # #