We truly believe developers want to build usable, intuitive software, not just get the job done. We pick up where open source frameworks like Prototype and Dojo leave off. Our off-the-shelf, cross platform components make building web applications easier, particularly in the enterprise where usability and productivity is key
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) March 16, 2007
Today, Nitobi Inc. releases the first version of Complete UI, a suite of sophisticated Ajax user-interface components for enterprise web applications. Drawing on the success of its Grid and ComboBox components, Nitobi introduces several off-the-shelf components in this enterprise suite not available anywhere else on the market. The Complete UI suite includes Grid, ComboBox, Callout, Fisheye, Tabstrip, Tree, and Nitobi's Ajax Toolkit.
Nitobi's primary focus is enabling developers to build great user experiences on the web. Complete UI cross-platform components help solve web application usability challenges via rich feedback using animation, skinned dialogues, and client-side, Ajax-driven interactivity. By purchasing Nitobi's easy to implement, off-the-shelf Ajax components, developers can save hundreds of hours of development time, and build web applications that exceed expectations.
"We truly believe developers want to build usable, intuitive software, not just get the job done. We pick up where open source frameworks like Prototype and Dojo leave off. Our off-the-shelf, cross platform components make building web applications easier, particularly in the enterprise where usability and productivity is key," said Nitobi co-founder Andre Charland.
- Nitobi's Complete UI suite is made up of the follow Ajax components:
- Callout -- A rich, skinnable tool-tip that prompts users with real-time feedback and helpful instructions as they navigate through an application.
- Tabstrip -- Folder tabs for navigation to different sections of a web application via Ajax or iFrame requests.
- Tree -- A hierarchical data view, similar to the folder view in Windows Explorer.
- Grid -- A cross-browser spreadsheet with Excel 'copy/paste', LiveScrolling, and more.
- ComboBox -- A drop-down menu with autocomplete functionality, similar to Google Suggest.
- Fisheye -- A tool bar menu featuring fisheye magnification, similar to Apple OS X tool bar.
- Ajax Toolkit -- A library of fully documented tools used in Nitobi components that can be re-used in your own applications, or to build your own components.
Grid and ComboBox are Nitobi's flagship products with more than 3000 users worldwide, including NASA, Bank of America and Fidelity.
"I've always been impressed with the degree of performance and efficiency within the Nitobi codebase. I look forward to using the new components and being able to write my own within the new framework," said Christian van Eeden, Application Specialist at international logistics firm Schenker.
The Complete UI suite is platform agnostic and works with a variety of development frameworks including Java, PHP, ASP.Net, Classic ASP and Coldfusion MX. Pricing for Complete UI starts at US $429. For more information on Complete UI, visit http://www.nitobi.com/products/completeui/. Download free trial components at http://www.nitobi.com/download/.
About Nitobi Inc.
Nitobi Inc. has been creating web-based software components and enterprise solutions for customers around the globe since 1997. Nitobi's customers include Bank of America, Time Warner, KBR and NASA. Nitobi is an active member of the OpenAJAX Alliance and has recently completed a book on Ajax titled, "Enterprise Ajax" that will be published in 2007 by Prentice Hall PTR. http://www.nitobi.com