Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) March 21, 2007
CrossTec Corporation (http://www.crosstecsecurity.com) announced today that it will release a new audit logging tool in Q2 of 2007. The audit logging software solution will help simplify security log collection, storage and analysis. The Audit Logger will tightly integrate with CrossTec's security information and event management (SIEM) software solution Activeworx Security Center. The audit logging solution will boast compression in excess of 25:1, incredible search speeds, and the ability to log huge amounts of security events.
Requirements for data retention of historical logs from compliance regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley, PCI, FISMA, HIPAA and GLBA dictate a cost effective means to collect and store audit-relevant security log data from a wide range of sources. Given the variety of log formats and the ever-growing volume of logs generated, organizations need a log storage solution that can support the timely collection of large log volumes.
Activeworx, which includes over 250 compliance reports out-of-the-box will now be able to search and report on massive amounts of historical data stored in the Audit Logger. For added integrity, the audit logger's data is verified using MD5 checksums
Initial testing of the product, which will compete directly with similar offerings from Arcsight, RippleTech, SenSage and LogLogic, show benchmarks exceeding over 50,000 events per second (EPS) using 32 or 64 bit Windows machines. "One of the major benefits of the Activeworx Audit Logger is its speed of recording and searching data", says Activeworx Chief Developer Jeff Dell. "Because of the tight integration with Activeworx Security Center, users may need to store just a fraction of their data into ASC and the rest in the logger.," continued Dell, "This means users won't have to sift through all the hay just to find the needle."
Activeworx Audit Logger Highlights :
- Comprehensive audit logging - with optimized search and analysis capabilities for your entire infrastructure.
- Meet regulatory compliance - with forensically sound collection and retention of all security events on your network for years, including automatic log rotation and integrity checksums.
- Fully integrated SIEM - simply send any archived audit logs into the ASC Event Framework for deeper forensic analysis of a specific incident, even if that incident occurred years ago.
- Distributed and scalable - Easily create log aggregation points at as many locations as necessary to minimize bandwidth consumption, increase security, and optimize performance.
- ASC's Audit Logger is a true enterprise solution that is not tied down to one appliance or a relational database. You can log tens of thousands of events at as many locations as necessary without exponentially increasing cost or resources.
- IT administrators and helpdesk management will gain direct visibility into system, network and application health while improving network and system troubleshooting activities.
The Activeworx Audit Logger is scheduled for release in May of 2007 and will list for under $50,000.
About CrossTec Corporation:
Since 1999, CrossTec's Activeworx brand security tools (http://www.crosstecsecurity.com) have been downloaded more then 100,000 times. The flagship product, Activeworx Security Center (ASC), is a cost-effective security information and event management (SIEM) software solution that provides real-time security device log monitoring with correlated alerts, management and compliance reports, log data storage, and tools for advanced, in-depth forensic analysis. CrossTec's mission is to protect organizations by reducing the time it takes to analyze massive amounts of event log data from multiple devices and vendors to produce real-time alerts and vital reports that pinpoint network security breaches.