Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) March 22, 2007
Continuing the momentum of being positively reviewed by the media, Poker Academy today announced that Deal Magazine awarded Poker Academy Pro 4 out of 5 stars in a recent Texas Holdem poker software review. "By pitting you against several types of bots with a wide range of strategies and skill levels, the game (Poker Academy Pro) succeeds where many other poker programs fail," said writer Will Smith. The review appeared in Deal Magazine's (http://www.dealmagazine.com) fall 2006 issue.
Smith summarizes his Texas Holdem poker software review of Poker Academy Pro with the following: "An incredibly powerful, full featured poker simulator, this one will test and improve your skills. No other poker game we've tried -- and believe us, we've played them all -- offers the depth of A.I. challenge conjured by the bots you face in Poker Academy. As a training tool, Poker Academy's bots and help system train you to make the right decisions in a huge range of situations. Spend time with the demo and follow its instructions and PAP2's relatively high full-purchase price will seem like a bargain."
Top 10 Comments from the Texas Holdem Poker Software Review
1. With the most advanced computer opponents (AKA bots) we've played against, Poker Academy Pro gives you a place to test new strategies, tweak your play style, and perfect your tournament strategies for free.
2. The game also includes the Advisor -- which suggests whether to Raise, Call, or Fold any time it's your turn -- and pop-up tips that'll prevent you from making rookie mistakes such as folding when you could check.
3. The secret goodness here is the bots. With learning bots that play dumb at first, but adapt to your play style after several hundred hands, Poker Academy Pro will up your challenge the more you play. The software offers a variety of bot profiles for Limit and No Limit games, including Sklansky bots (which go all-in or fold based on a simple formula), Oddbots (which behave like an erratic player), and the learning Xenbots (which play user-configurable starting and post-flop hands, but also pick up on your basic strategies and play styles).
4. You can configure bots to match the types of players you'll see online or in your Thursday-night game. As with real people, you'll have to learn and adapt to their strategies at the same time they adapt to yours.
5. By pitting you against several types of bots with a wide range of strategies and skill levels, the game succeeds where many other poker programs fail. You can actually learn and improve your game playing against these bots.
6. Poker Academy Pro includes a few dozen basic tournaments and ring games, but you can customize every aspect of the game -- including blind structure, rake, duration and so on -- so you can practice in any situation you'd like. Once you've developed your strategy, you can jump online to play against other Poker Academy owners.
7. Unlike other play-money sites, Poker Academy Online isn't a bad place to play. For one thing, the people playing have spent money to gain access to the online service, so (for the most part) they're playing to learn and improve their real-world game. Also, in order to participate in the serious tournaments, you've got to earn a small bankroll of Poker Academy Credits (PAX) in frequent No Limit Tournaments. To play in the large tournaments or ring games, you need to build and protect your bankroll, just as you would with real cash.
8. PA Pro keeps a detailed hand history with complete notations about every hand you (and your opponents) play: winners, losers, bets, raises, folds, and all the cards that you see. In addition to tracking your wins and losses over a long period of time, the app also analyzes your play, making it easy for you to tell if your actions line up with your intended strategy.
9. All told, it's a hell of a program.
10. Verdict: 4 of 5 stars.
"We are extremely gratified to receive such a thorough review in this collector's edition of Deal Magazine," said Kurt Lange, president & CEO of Poker Academy. "The depth and breadth of the review leave no stone unturned, and Will's words speak volumes for anyone looking for direction in taking their game to the next level."
Poker Academy Pro is available for sale online at http://www.poker-academy.com and at select retailers.
About Poker Academy
Poker Academy is a leading poker software developer. The Company develops the world's most advanced Texas Holdem poker learning tool, utilizing world renowned artificial intelligence developed over 10 years. Poker Academy software is designed to help players learn, adapt and improve their poker skills. Poker Academy includes No Limit, Limit and Tournament play along with many feature-rich components, including an online community. Poker Academy is headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, and has U.S. offices in Minnetonka, MN. For more details, please visit http://www.poker-academy.com.
# # #