This contest is bigger and even more exciting as the winner will have their article published in the industry's only printed magazine and receive scholarship prizes worth more than $10,000.
Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) March 22, 2007
MarketingPilgrim.com, the popular Internet marketing blog, founded and edited by Andy Beal, today announced its second search engine marketing scholarship contest.
The contest will run during April and May. Entrants are asked to submit an article on the subject of search engine optimization, paid search advertising or social media optimization. The winner will receive prizes valued in excess of $10,000, which include:
- A full conference pass to the Search Engine Strategies conference held in San Jose, this August.
- The winner's article will be published in the industry print magazine, Search Marketing Standard.
- Enrollment in a "Certified Search Engine Marketer Pathway" course at SearchEngineCollege.com
- One month of industry coaching and training from search marketing expert Andy Beal.
- One year of AdWatcher.com service (ad tracking and click fraud monitoring) and one year of AdScientist.com service (bid management).
- One year subscription to WebmasterWorld.com
- One year premium membership to SEOmoz.org.
- A free web analytics account from CrazyEgg.com.
- A one year Bizwatch account from BizResearch.com
- A one yearl subscription to the SEO project management site, SoloSEO.com.
- A copy of Aaron Wall's "SEO Book."
- A copy of Jennifer Laycock's book, "Small Business Guide to Search Engine Marketing."
- A copy of Andrew Goodman's book, "Winning Results with Google AdWords."
- A copy of Kim Krause Berg's books "Please Ring Bell for Service" and "How to Quench Your Web Site Visitors' Thirst"
- A cash prize ($100) courtesy of Cre8asiteforums.com.
- Clock and t-shirt courtesy of WeBuildPages.com.
- More prizes to be announced.
The deadline for entries is April 6th, with qualifying articles being published during the week of April 9th. Unlike the previous contest, there will be just one round of submissions, and articles will be judged based on the amount of traffic received during a four week period. The top five finalists will be announced on May 15th, with a panel of judges selecting the scholarship prize winner on May 21st.
The judges for the event include some of the most recognized and talented search marketers in the world, including:
Kim Krause Berg - UsabilityEffect.com
Jim Boykin -- WebBuildPages.com
Rand Fishkin -- SEOMoz.org
Andrew Goodman -- Page-Zero.com
Michael Jensen -- SoloSEO.com
Kalena Jordan -- SearchEngineCollege.com
Jennifer Laycock -- SearchEngineGuide.com
Todd Malicoat -- Stuntdubl.com
Boris Mordkovich -- SMStandard.com
Lee Odden -- TopRankBlog.com
Elisabeth Osmeloski -- SearchEngineWatch.com
Neil Patel -- PronetAdvertising.com
Barry Schwartz -- RustyBrick.com
Brett Tabke -- WebmasterWorld.com
Laura Thieme -- BizResearch.com
Aaron Wall -- SEOBook.com
"I'm delighted to announce this new contest to find the search marketing industry's next top talent," said Andy Beal, editor of Marketing Pilgrim and organizer of the contest. "This contest is bigger and even more exciting as the winner will have their article published in the industry's only printed magazine and receive scholarship prizes worth more than $10,000."
For more details on the prizes, the judges, contest rules and how to enter, visit http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/search-engine-marketing-scholarship/
About Marketing Pilgrim LLC.
MarketingPilgrim.com is one of the web's most popular Internet marketing blogs covering news on search engines, blogging and social media. Founded and edited by award-winning blogger Andy Beal, one of the world's most respected internet marketing experts, Marketing Pilgrim also offers various consulting services. Visit http://www.MarketingPilgrim.com.