We work diligently to stay ahead of the curve regarding the latest innovations in the marketplace. ProWood Micro provides residential and commercial fence customers one of the best wood fencing materials options in the industry.
Kennesaw, GA (PRWEB) March 25, 2007
First Fence of Georgia (1stfence.com), a leading fence company located in metro Atlanta, announced today that they are one of the first fence companies in north Georgia to offer ProWood Micro pressure treated fencing materials.
Manufactured by Universal Forest Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: UFPI), ProWood Micro pressure treated lumber uses micronized copper which making it more compatible with metals like aluminum, thus lessening corrosion and the need for expensive fasteners. In addition, the appearance of ProWood Micro is more natural at installation and retains that appearance longer than regular pressure treated wood.
Measures to lengthen the life of wood building materials have been taken for centuries. By treating lumber, it is protected against termite attack, decay and can withstand harsh weather conditions. In recent history, chromate copper arsenate (CCA) was used as a wood preservative. Even more recently, alkaline copper quaternary (ACQ) was used as it was effective for decades and reduced demands on forest resources.
ProWood Micro is considered by many as the next generation of pressure treated wood. Micronized copper particles are used that bond permanently to wood cells. The preservative injected into lumber reacts with the wood to form an insoluble complex that will not evaporate or vaporize. The resulting treated wood is clean, odorless, and safe to work with.
More about ProWood Micro:
- Has a more natural appearance when compared to other types of copper-based treated wood products.
- Can be placed in direct contact with aluminum building products because it is less corrosive than regular pressure treated wood.
- Carries a lifetime limited warranty against rot, decay and termite infestation.
- Is clean, odorless, non-staining, and non-irritating to humans, animals and plants.
- Is the only new exterior wood preservation system that is EPA approved at the appropriate retention level for above ground, ground contact, and fresh water applications for Southern Yellow Pine, Red Pine and South American Pines.
- The lumber comes from fast-growing trees grown on managed forestland and does not come from old-growth or rain forests. It is estimated that this type of pressure-treated lumber conserves millions of trees per year.
- ProWood Micro requires minimal maintenance. Periodic application of a clear or semi-transparent water-repellent stain helps minimize typical weathering problems.
"We are proud to be one of the first fence companies to offer ProWood Micro," says J.C. Ordono, president of First Fence of Georgia. "We work diligently to stay ahead of the curve regarding the latest innovations in the marketplace. ProWood Micro provides residential and commercial fence customers one of the best wood fencing materials options in the industry."
Located just north of metro Atlanta in Kennesaw, Georgia, First Fence of Georgia is a leading fence company specializing in wood, vinyl, chain link, and decorative metal fencing along with security gates, gate operators, trellises and arbors. The company offers a wide variety of residential and commercial fencing installation services along with fencing materials for wholesale and to "do-it-yourself" customers. For more information, contact First Fence of Georgia at 770-422-9996 or visit 1stfence.com.