San Diego, CA (PRWEB) March 26, 2007
Attensa, Inc., the leading developer of RSS software for businesses, is introducing a major enhancement to the public beta of enterprise RSS reader Attensa for Outlook at the O'Reilly Etech Conference today. The newest version integrates an AttentionStream® Learning Engine that automatically pulls articles that are most important to users to the forefront of their attention. This is the first attention driven enterprise RSS reader that prioritizes articles, not just feeds, for a user.
Attensa's unique AttentionStream Learning Engine observes and learns from the user's feed and article reading behaviors and works on the principle that past and present actions predict future behavior. Deep analytics of article content are matched to a personalization system that automatically prioritizes and recommends new articles that will be of interest to the reader.
"Our new approach matches content cues with personas based on our in-depth analysis of reading behaviors and delivers a powerful, personalized, attention-driven reading experience," said Eric Hayes, Attensa's Vice President of Research and Development. "The attention analytics used in our learning engine go far beyond the 'popularity contest' recommendations used in social networking Web RSS readers to give business users a tool to help cut through information overload."
Articles can be prioritized across all of the user's feeds or they can be prioritized by categories to provide continuous context to the user's specific interests.
New Version of Attensa for Outlook Significantly Improves Microsoft Outlook 2007 Speed by Bypassing the Outlook 2007 RSS Bottleneck
By default Outlook 2007 stores RSS subscriptions in the users Exchange mailbox. In enterprise environments with limits on mailbox size, these files can fill up -- FAST. Combining RSS articles with email can dramatically slow Outlook performance. To bypass the Outlook 2007 bottleneck, Attensa for Outlook 2.5 Beta 2 streamlines the interaction between the user interface and the Attensa engine to significantly improve the RSS handling performance of Outlook 2007. To further optimize Outlook performance, the new version of Attensa of Outlook offers Outlook 2007 users two options for channeling articles into Outlook. User can stores their articles in a separate file or they can bypass Outlook's storage completely by pulling articles on demand into the Attensa for Outlook River of News. Both methods speed up Outlook performance significantly and cut PST file bloat which drags down Outlook performance.
Attensa for Outlook is the first enterprise RSS reader designed specifically for enterprise RSS use. The Attensa for Outlook feature set and functionality were developed using in-depth feedback from IT professionals and corporate information workers involved in business intelligence, knowledge management and corporate communications in organizations where tens of thousands of desktops are using Attensa for Outlook as their enterprise RSS reader of choice.
The Attensa for Outlook 2.5 Beta 2 beta will be previewed at the O'Reilly Etech Conference in San Diego and will be available as a free RSS reader download on April 10 at http://www.attensa.com/beta
Other Attensa for Outlook productivity features include:
- Update feeds and delete articles on defined schedule
- Safe and Secure Subscriptions to Internal and External RSS feeds enhance knowledge management and corporate communications throughout the organization.
- Advanced compatibility and synchronization with the Microsoft RSS Platform
- One-click blog republishing and easy editing with connection to Windows Live Writer
- Automatically find, preview and add RSS feeds from toolbars in Internet Explorer and Firefox
- Powerful, automated, persistent search tools search across 18 Web and blog search engines and continuously deliver relevant information as soon as it is published.
- YouTube video search as been added.
- Create, import and export custom reading lists (OPML files)
- Keep feeds and articles organized with tagging and categories. Attensa tags can now be imported and exported.
- Secure connectivity to internal and external Web feeds and AttentionStream reporting with the Attensa Feed Server
- Easily play audio and video content directly in the River of News
- Built-in Pod Catcher automatically downloads audio and video attachments and puts them in a clearly labeled playlists in Windows Media Player or iTunes.
- Desktop Alert toaster allows users to track fast breaking business information whether they are working in Outlook or not.
- New Security enhancements -- users can now disable scripting within feed articles.
Pricing and Availability -- The Attensa for Outlook 2.5 Beta 2 beta will be previewed at the O'Reilly Etech Conference in San Diego and will be available as a free RSS reader download on April 10 at http://www.attensa.com/beta
Attensa, Inc. is a venture backed software company developing enterprise RSS software that gets the right information, to the right people at the right time.
©2007 Attensa, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Attensa, the Attensa logo and AttentionStream are trademarks of Attensa, Inc. Microsoft Outlook is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are used for identification purposes only and are the rights of their exclusive holders.